Have mammothelectronics gone under?

Started by njkmonty, January 11, 2019, 05:43:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinkjimiphoton

i am willing to call for you and find out what the @#$% the hold up is, if you want. let me know, i can call them tomorrow.
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

trixdropd

I hope all is well. They are my go to enclosure customizer. I've never had an issue with them.

aion

Not really acceptable in 2019 to be habitually backlogged and take several days (or weeks) to ship orders. It just means it's not a priority or that you have severe staffing issues. (I think Mammoth is the latter, from what I've heard.) Amazon taught people to want their order in 2-3 days and that has put the squeeze on e-commerce of all types in the past couple years.

This past year I made it a goal to ship out orders once per day. I'm keeping score via a habit-tracker app and just hit 290 consecutive days of weekday shipping - only making exceptions for holidays or announced vacations. It required shuffling things around and making space for it, but you've got to change your game if you're going to keep up.

pinkjimiphoton

perhaps its backordered stuff too, or, much as it pains me to say it, sanctions imposed by what's his name messing up
all kinds of e-commerce. customs is taking forever with components and stuff from some vendors.
i dunno if thats the issue, but a lot of stuff suddenly seems to be backordered til next year sometime.

when i heard about all that crap coming, i stocked up on pretty much everything, i've gotten quite used to being able to shop for the best deals and quality i can find, and that often means cutting the middle man and going direct.

its a global economy, not a national one anymore. to try and close off commerce is hurting a lot of small businesses, when you can't deliver shit that you offer it will kill your business eventually.

bridges trump walls imho. but anyways. again, i am willing to call tomorrow if you want, i'm in the states and don't have much else to have to do tomorrow.

• SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

PRR

Not this problem, but shipping stupidity:

My ZIP code starts with a zero. Last month a package to me spent a week in Kokomo because someone had put the ZIP code in a spreadsheet, which stripped the leading zero. (Why it took 4 days for FedEx to figure-out this non-rare problem is another matter.)

All of New England's ZIP codes start with zero.
  • SUPPORTER

njkmonty

QuoteThe anger you understandably feel doesn't do you any good, and doesn't do them any good either.
QuoteMark Hammer

I really dont feel angry at all!.
as I said earlier I always like to give the benefit of the doubt.

My main concern was everyone else knew something that I didn't , and that it was following in radio shacks footsteps!
or
the business owner was well known in this forum and that others may know something , that I living down under, may have not picked up on.
I have had excellent experiences with
Tayda
mouser
Small Bear
Aion
Madbean

futurlec do answer my emails but take forever

pinkjimiphoton

Quote from: PRR on February 03, 2019, 10:42:20 PM
Not this problem, but shipping stupidity:

My ZIP code starts with a zero. Last month a package to me spent a week in Kokomo because someone had put the ZIP code in a spreadsheet, which stripped the leading zero. (Why it took 4 days for FedEx to figure-out this non-rare problem is another matter.)

All of New England's ZIP codes start with zero.

hahah, i gotta ovation preamp here in ct by way of seattle washington via texas with them guys involved recently. seems like it would be quicker to go in a straight line. they need drones ;)
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

bluebunny

Quote from: njkmonty on February 04, 2019, 12:30:01 AM
futurlec do answer my emails but take forever

Yeah, it's in the name...   :icon_rolleyes:        :icon_wink:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Sooner Boomer

I was unaware we had a supplier here in town.  They're right by the medical center I go to for wound care.  I think I'll drop by Wed. after clinic and check them out.  I've been wanting a new kit to play with so I might pick one up, too.
Dan of  ̶9̶  only 5 Toes
I'm not getting older, I'm getting "vintage"

pinkjimiphoton

talked to mammoth this morning,
there was an oversight, and the holidays messed things up.
the switches nick ordered were backordered, and when he contacted mammoth he did so thru paypal.
they mistakenly assumed it was a payment confirmation and the mistake went unnoticed.. they get 30 - 50 payment notifications a day.
they apoogized profusely, and are sending the switched fedex express, and covering taxes and duties for nick, should be there in 4 or 5 days.

i DID take the liberty to say ship them, as i figured nick has waited so long.
they also apologized, the guy i talk with was the customer service guy and he just started around xmas.

trade tarriffs have definitely impacted their ability to provide for their customers, much stuff is backordered, customs takes much longer, and the prices paid have gone up in some cases close to 100%.

basically, to get the deals necessary to keep business afloat, you have to buy huge lots of components now, and many "american made" knobs etc it appears are actually manufactured in china and sold as american by vendors here.

the whole thing is a bloody @#$%ing mess thanks to an idiot chieftan trying to make enemies out of friends. not impressed at all.

• SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

Mark Hammer

But I am impressed by your benevolent intervention.  Thanks for clearing all that up, jimi.  NOt only have you rescued Nick's order, but you've also rescued Mammoth's reputation.  Well done.

pinkjimiphoton

• SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

trixdropd

I Just talked to I believe Matt and Ashley over at Mammoth just now. They did screw up that order and are making it right. He admitted that the backorder system was not perfect and the chaos in December exposed that and he believes he has fixed that issue from happening.

It seems to me that all is well. They ARE a SMALL team despite the name Mammoth. I have never had an issue with any of my orders and I'm about to put another decent sized one in.

I LOVE their products. The drilling, poweddr, graphics team are amazing. Ashley rocks to deal with. 

Jeremy

Mark Hammer

Like I continue to say, the website of 1 and 2-man operations can make it look like they have "operators standing by to take your calls".  Not that there shouldn't be any 1 and 2-man operations, or that we should not give them our business.  Just know that they can fall prey to simple little things that much larger businesses would have staff and mechanisms in place to avoid.

aion

Quote from: pinkjimiphoton on February 04, 2019, 12:20:49 PM
trade tarriffs have definitely impacted their ability to provide for their customers, much stuff is backordered, customs takes much longer, and the prices paid have gone up in some cases close to 100%.

The tariffs are utter madness, but it sounds like there is an inventory problem as well. Regardless of supplier lead times, a store should never sell something as in-stock if they don't have it physically within the confines of their establishment. The customer should be aware before ordering if there is anything that will keep the order from shipping in a timely manner. If it's discovered that the stock quantity was off on the website and they oversold, they should communicate immediately with anyone who is affected and give them the option of canceling. And at the very least (again, unless it was made clear before the order was placed) they should ship all in-stock items in a normal timeframe and then send backordered items when they are available - at their own expense.

It will probably cost sales to list something as out of stock, but it's better than selling something under the false pretense that it will arrive in a timely manner. So I can't really give Mammoth much of a free pass for the tariffs. The issues are a lot deeper than that.

njkmonty

Quoteand when he contacted mammoth he did so thru paypal
wow, I know they said that, but i contacted several times using the email provided on their website! :icon_confused:

QuoteIf you have any questions, reply to this email or contact us at sales@mammothelectronics.com

sales@mammothelectronics.com

thanks heaps to  pinkjimiphoton for efforts!.

Being located across two ponds or so , I previously pay minimal attention to the donkey and elephant political scene over there, however in the last 2 years  I seem to be following us politics more closely to our native version.
New reality political show, I cant image how it is actually living in the show!

Quotethe whole thing is a bloody @#$%ing mess thanks to an idiot chieftan trying to make enemies out of friends. not impressed at all

Kevin Mitchell

Quote from: njkmonty on February 04, 2019, 04:39:23 PM

This week on The Apprentice...

Sorry I had to. Glad things are sorted out. Everything said in this thread and the fact it was a topic to begin with says allot about their service. Can only wish them the best moving forward.
  • SUPPORTER
This hobby will be the deaf of me

Mark Hammer

I know that's not what the picture is, but most of you will be familiar with the tones produced by blowing across the top of a plastic or glass bottle.

You OWE IT to yourself, when the opportunity presents, to do that with an empty one of those huge 10gallon plastic bottles that get used for water fountains/dispensers.  Most of them will have a sort of rubber top on them that needs to be removed for cleaning and such.

Hold it to your chest and gently blow across the top to produce a tone.  It will be very low, very powerful, and absolutely magical; like being strapped to a whale or an ocean-liner horn.

Paul Marossy

For many us nothing has changed, just the actors in the circus. Same old B.S. otherwise.

For me personally, I only get stuff from Mouser, Small Bear, Pedal Parts Plus or sometimes eBay.
Just depends on what is is, what is quickest, least expensive, who takes PayPal, etc. I can't use one for all because none of them carry everything I am looking for. Some come close though.

SpencerPedals

Quoteand when he contacted mammoth he did so thru paypal
wow, I know they said that, but i contacted several times using the email provided on their website! :icon_confused:

QuoteIf you have any questions, reply to this email or contact us at sales@mammothelectronics.com

sales@mammothelectronics.com

thanks heaps to  pinkjimiphoton for efforts!.

Being located across two ponds or so , I previously pay minimal attention to the donkey and elephant political scene over there, however in the last 2 years  I seem to be following us politics more closely to our native version.

Quotethe whole thing is a bloody @#$%ing mess thanks to an idiot chieftan trying to make enemies out of friends. not impressed at all

Glad to hear you got it sorted! 

Trade wars aside, the company has a website that says "we ship within 2-3 business days of order placement, depending on product availability and lead time, Monday through Thursday. We ship via UPS and USPS for all orders."  As a consumer, I take that to mean if no parts are backordered, they will be shipping in 2-3 business days.  I had no backordered parts; they did not ship in 2-3 business days.  They acknowledged that was not their lead time to fulfill orders to me.  They personally told me they would ship my order Monday.  They did not ship my order Monday.  I had another conversation with the same gentleman who did not recall a bit of our previous conversation.  In summary, they're benefiting by pulling in orders with their statements of reasonable shipping times, and not delivering what they advertise.  There has been a lot of rationalizing with "backorders happen," but really this company just needs to get its act together.

My last order with Mouser had a backorder unexpectedly; I received notification of it via email, called them, and it was resolved that day.  Simple.

My first order with Bitches Love My Switches shipped when they said it would (website advised me of a NAMM-related delay I was fine with, albeit a little jealous of) and there were zero issues.

This is not some sort of "act of God" a company cannot prepare for—this is poor management.  Not coincidentally, read the Glassdoor reviews for the company.  Glassdoor requires a grain of salt or two, but the picture is clear.