Have mammothelectronics gone under?

Started by njkmonty, January 11, 2019, 05:43:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EBK

Quote from: davent on February 05, 2019, 01:48:26 PM
Email today from Jameco warning of coming tariffs.

On March 2, 2019 tariffs on power products are scheduled to increase to 25%.

dave
Got that email too.  Had to wonder if it was somewhat misleading though.  The tariffs are increasing to 25%, they say, but what are they at now (certainly not 0%, right?)?  It seemed like they want you to erroneously believe that the price of the products will go up by 25% to scare people into hoarding behavior without providing a lot of details. 

Edit: I could be wrong about this. Reading up on it now....  Realizing that I don't know what I'm talking about.  :icon_rolleyes: :icon_redface:
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

thermionix

pinkjimiphoton

thanks dave.
yep.

a little injection of truth.

one candle can hold off the nite.

we will win america back to the cause of truth, liberty, and justice.

it really IS the american way. we've just been led astray by 39 years of greed and avarice.

my suppliers in china warned me months ago that prices would be going up,
china is not gonna take this bullshit lieing down
everything is gonna cost more. watch.
we're still living under the predecessor's economy
in 2 years, we'll see if we can recover. if we stay the present course,
i doubt it.

the bipartisan system here needs major repair.
the electoral needs to vote the will of the voters, not the will of those who pay them off.

i'll take science and the united federation of planets
over
religion and idiocracy as our future

i would suggest logic dictates one over the other.

i would suggest greed is the only thing that appears to matter to those
who disdain logic.

whatever.

go, mueller, go.
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

pinkjimiphoton

as long as the result is trump gone, i'm good with it.

that said, i have no hate or animosity to anyone here.

i have enough of that for washingtoon in general, tho "hate" goes against the principles of
buddha and satan, whom i both much prefer to the usual gang of idiots.

like i said, stick a fork in me.
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

vigilante397

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

garcho

Quote"does anyone know the approximate current draw of a PLL? I don't like the AC supply -> rectifier -> dual linear regulators for bipolar power setup so I'm trying a DC supply -> SMPS that outputs bipolar rails, just not sure it will be able to handle the current draw."

um, so why the PLL? i use bipolar from a LT1054 all the time. you have something in mind that needs an external clock or something?

i think places like Mammoth should offer stuff no one else has. at this point, the suppliers are selling cheap on ebay anyway, so might as well offer something more/different.
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

vigilante397

Quote from: garcho on February 05, 2019, 04:32:12 PM
so why the PLL?

Right, should have clarified Schumann PLL :P I've been working on a pedalboard-friendly PLL lately. I used an LT3463 for a ±15V supply on a different pedal I was working on and wanted to try it on a PLL. The other pedal was an overdrive so not a big current draw, but the supply should be able to do 30mA per rail, so I'm hoping that's enough for the PLL.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

PRR

> government shutdowns!!  what the smeg??  no such thing in Australia!

Maybe you got over it. But you've had some near-Royal jams of government.

As former Colonies, Australia has both Premier(s) and Governor(s). When both refuse to budge, nothing happens. It appears (from a distance) that each has the power to fire the other.

"The Queen has tenure, and she couldn't be sacked. But a Governor-General holds office at pleasure, and if he ceases to please then he can be removed by a Prime Minister."

"...the Premier (state PM) considered arresting the Governor to prevent the Governor from dismissing him."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1932_New_South_Wales_constitutional_crisis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1975_Australian_constitutional_crisis

Both are about different ways governments can obstruct money. The details are too complicated for our Congress Critters, and probably for yours; seems to be a lot of personal spat.
  • SUPPORTER

njkmonty

yeah  "the dismissal was interesting!"but that was in the 70's!

yes we have disfunction , my only point is specifically, that 
how many shutdowns have the US had in the last few years?
Im not saying one system is better than the other.

We  rotate our  Prime Minister every 1.5 years!

If Supply is Blocked etc or governor general uses reserve powers
basic government functions still continue and elections are called.  not a perfect system,

pinkjimiphoton

and who's been behind these shutdowns again and again?

yep, the usual gang of <present> idiots.

evil republicans and ball-less democrats in a dance to keep you distracted while they fleece the sheep.

i miss america, back before the reality tv show crap. i mean, we went from going to the @#$%ing moon to real housewives of duck call makers ffs.

idiocracy rules the day. i think the french got it right on sept 21, 1792

• SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

PRR

> elections are called.

I realize this is normal for you, and it seems to work fine.

To "me" this is mind-blowing! Elections happen ONLY(*) every other November!! So that the new clowns have time to ride to the capital for early in the New Year. We KNOW when elections will be, forever.

(*) Rarely an election fails to vet a Winner and a run-off election is called. Great expense and trouble. Yes, you say Ranked Choice. In the USA we never heard of it. Actually my Maine just started RCV and I voted in a race where it was critical. Fuss has mostly faded.

(*) In New England, long before the custom of November elections, Town Meetings were early in January. The whole town elected leaders and debated a budget, then had a big meal together. We still do that. Though my town has moved it to May. (It's real dead here in winter.)

WARRANT
HANCOCK, ss STATE OF MAINE
To the Constable, Town of Xxxxxx in said County of Hancock,
Greetings:
In the name of the State of Maine, you are hereby directed to notify and warn the Inhabitants of
said Town of Xxxxxx qualified by law to vote in Town affairs to meet in the Municipal Building in
said Town, on Monday the 14th day of May, A.D. 2018 at 3:00 p.m. in the afternoon to act on the
following Articles, to wit:
ARTICLE ACTION TAKEN BY THE TOWN
1. To choose a Moderator to preside at said meeting.
2. To elect by secret ballot the following Officers and Employees for the ensuing year(s): Two Selectmen
and Overseers of the Poor for a three-year term; Two School Committee Members for a three-year
term. Polls will be closed at 7:00 p.m. on May 14, 2017.
Note: Following the closing of the polls, the meeting will be recessed to reconvene for consideration
of the remaining Articles at 6:00 p.m. Tuesday, May 15, 2018 at the Trenton Elementary School.
Note: The 8th Grade will serve a Dinner at 4:30 p.m.
3. To hear the report of the Town Officers for the past year.
4. To see what sum of money the voters of the Town of Trenton will vote to raise and appropriate for
General Government for the fiscal year 2018-19.
  • SUPPORTER

thermionix

Quote from: njkmonty on February 05, 2019, 07:59:23 PM

They're not really shutdowns.  Some parks are closed.  Some bureaucrats get extra days off, back paid.

Quotebasic government functions still continue

The mail ran normally during the entire affair.  The military continued to keep the country safe.  Those are the only two things I want the federal government to do.  (more or less)

marcelomd

In Brazil we pay 60% duty + 15-20% taxes over cost of item + shipping when importing goods in your own name. Plus R$ 15 when our local post has to do the last leg of delivery.

This is for orders from US$ 50 up to US$ 3k.

Somehow, this adds to about 2x the listed price.

25% would be a huge improvement here.

SpencerPedals

Quote from: thermionix on February 05, 2019, 11:01:04 PM
Quote from: njkmonty on February 05, 2019, 07:59:23 PM

They're not really shutdowns.  Some parks are closed.  Some bureaucrats get extra days off, back paid.

Quotebasic government functions still continue

The mail ran normally during the entire affair.  The military continued to keep the country safe.  Those are the only two things I want the federal government to do.  (more or less)

I'm not making a political statement, but will state that this is objectively meant to deceive those who do not understand the full scope of the partial shutdown.  The statement "Some bureaucrats get extra days off, back paid" is absurd with regard to the entirety of what happened.  If folks are reading this that are not American, I urge you to read up on what happened from sources independent of this.  Mail did run normally, and military did protect the country (much as my dog protects me while nothing is threatening me), but the impact to the country can be measured in dollars and it has been.  Objectively, federal workers missed multiple paychecks while being required to work.  Objectively, some military (US Coast Guard) were unpaid during this time, and that includes not only wages but out-of-pocket travel and lodging expenses they incurred when they had to travel halfway across the country for short-duration assignments.  I urge folks to read up on the damage these partial shutdowns do, even when they are just over a month in duration.

vigilante397

I love all of you guys, but can we not do this here? :P

• SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

pinkjimiphoton

the thing about truth and reality is that, much like water, steve, you can read a donkey to water, but you can't make them drink.

100 % right on the money.

don't forget air traffic controllers, tsa, etc etc, all working for free, and many living paycheck to paycheck.

all over a tantrrum. pretty @#$%in pathetic.

this country will be far better off when this asshat goes to prison for treason.

this is all after the fact, unfortunately, but was what got me kicked off social media for posting this exact link for 60 days in late 2015. but the fact remains, all this stuff is rooted before the last POTUS election, and casts mr "yer fired" in a far more honest light. so submitted for approval, or not. and not partisan. just facts. use them and make your own decisions.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1&q=donald+trump+russian+trademarks+2015

truth is funny,. no matter how ya try and twist it around, it remains relevent and the same.
no chemtrails involved, either.

but like zappa said... the most prevelant element in the universe is thought to be hydrogen, i disagree and must insist it is stupidity.

march is right around the corner. lets see what happesn. i'm making enough popcorn for everyone. don't forget who's the ONLY potus to ever say he was gonna scrap your second amendment rights.

wasn't that scary "half kenyan" guy the country actually picked a few years back.

it was orange jebus

the only thing worse than it and its lovers are those who excuse its heinous behaviours.

remember, these assholes are our employees. we pay them. not the other way around.
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

EBK

Did you know that the hagfish is the only animal that has a cranium but no spinal column?  It's true!  It also has nothing to do with the operating status of Mammoth Electronics or building your own stompbox.  I probably shouldn't be mentioning it here since it is entirely off topic to this thread, this board, and the forum in general.   :icon_wink:
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

vigilante397

Quote from: EBK on February 06, 2019, 11:54:08 AM
...the hagfish...

I've been looking for a name for a high-gain distortion I'm working on though, and THE HAGFISH sounds kinda cool 8)
  • SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

diffeq

Quote from: vigilante397 on February 05, 2019, 03:01:04 PM
...So no PLL current draw numbers? :P
Some datasheets specify 0.6mAdc quiescent current. For a more elaborate computation, based on frequency, R1-2&C values, see bottom of the page 2 here: https://www.onsemi.com/pub/Collateral/MC14046B-D.PDF