Check Out My Circuit Tester

Started by Paul Marossy, January 13, 2019, 01:42:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Marossy

Never thought to do this until recently but it's a handy thing to have for quick testing of a circuit.

DIY Bass

Cool idea.  I think I would be tempted to add a power supply socket and connect it so you had the 4 terminals as +9V, GND, Sig in and Sig out.

GGBB

I've used something like that for quite a while. I built an audio probe, volume control, voltage sag pot, and LED CLR tester into mine.

• SUPPORTER

sixthfloor

I've got something similar though very bare-bones compared to yours  ;D

The power socket is on the other side. The wires are exactly what DIY Bass has in mind : 9v, gnd, in, out.

rankot

but something I wish I did long time ago - finally assembled A REAL BREADBOARD

I was really pissed off with all those little boards moving around, not to mention scratching while testing them with an amp; so I decided to make this - a little bypass switching board, together with normal in/out jacks and PS filtering. I have also attached my simple tone generator with small TDA7052A based amp, so I have everything at hand. I will add an advanced tone generator soon (sine, triangle and square wave).

And of course, my whole workbench is now tidier than ever!
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

Paul Marossy

Quote from: DIY Bass on January 13, 2019, 04:55:05 AM
Cool idea.  I think I would be tempted to add a power supply socket and connect it so you had the 4 terminals as +9V, GND, Sig in and Sig out.

Yeah, you certainly could do that. I have a power supply arrangement that negates the need for a 9V connection on my box, but the beauty of DIY is that whatever you can dream up that works for you is what you can build!

Paul Marossy

Quote from: GGBB on January 13, 2019, 03:19:16 PM
I've used something like that for quite a while. I built an audio probe, volume control, voltage sag pot, and LED CLR tester into mine.

Hey that's some great ideas built into yours

Paul Marossy

Quote from: sixthfloor on January 14, 2019, 04:26:28 AM
I've got something similar though very bare-bones compared to yours  ;D

The power socket is on the other side. The wires are exactly what DIY Bass has in mind : 9v, gnd, in, out.

All that really matters is that it works for you.  :icon_wink:

Paul Marossy

Quote from: rankot on January 14, 2019, 09:38:06 AM
but something I wish I did long time ago - finally assembled A REAL BREADBOARD

I was really pissed off with all those little boards moving around, not to mention scratching while testing them with an amp; so I decided to make this - a little bypass switching board, together with normal in/out jacks and PS filtering. I have also attached my simple tone generator with small TDA7052A based amp, so I have everything at hand. I will add an advanced tone generator soon (sine, triangle and square wave).

And of course, my whole workbench is now tidier than ever!

That's pretty awesome  :icon_eek:

I recently re-worked my whole work area to make things better for testing, etc., it's kind of equivalent to what you have there but not all on one board.

Mark Hammer

Like they say, it's the little things that count.

Paul Marossy

Quote from: Mark Hammer on January 14, 2019, 10:13:32 AM
Like they say, it's the little things that count.

Yeah, over the holidays I did like two dozen little improvements to my workshop. All these little things that have annoyed me for a long time, I had these ideas on how to improve things and was quite busy for about three weeks. Couldn't be happier with things now.

Anyway, the concept here is a series of little improvements add up to a big improvement overall.

rankot

Looks like I did the same for holidays :)
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

amptramp

Marcos - Munky

Really nice little box! I'll probably steal your idea :icon_twisted:

Here's mine: it's basically an old pc power supply enclosure with jacks connected to alligator clips.

It works, but the moving wires sometimes breaks. I'll get a connector like yours next time I go to the parts store and build a smaller and neater test box, including a bypass toggle switch.

Paul Marossy

Quote from: Marcos - Munky on January 14, 2019, 08:08:47 PM
Really nice little box! I'll probably steal your idea :icon_twisted:

Here's mine: it's basically an old pc power supply enclosure with jacks connected to alligator clips.

It works, but the moving wires sometimes breaks. I'll get a connector like yours next time I go to the parts store and build a smaller and neater test box, including a bypass toggle switch.

Go right ahead a steal my idea.  :icon_wink:

italianguy63

My entry:

Should have built one long ago!!

MC

I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

deadastronaut

me too.... ::)

ordered up the speaker connectors to build one. ....cheers paul.  8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

italianguy63

Quote from: deadastronaut on January 17, 2019, 07:50:55 AM
me too.... ::)

ordered up the speaker connectors to build one. ....cheers paul.  8)

Already used it!
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

deadastronaut

i bet, yeah should have built one too...instead of hooking up wires to my TB breadboard... ::)

right tool for the job etc...  8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Marcos - Munky

Quote from: Paul Marossy on January 14, 2019, 08:32:56 PM
Go right ahead a steal my idea.  :icon_wink:
And so I did :icon_lol:. Mine is a quick, dirty and stinky version of yours:

Switch for bypass. Power jack on the rear. From left to right I have In - Out - +9V - Gnd. The store didn't had a 4way connector in stock, so I had to get two 2way connectors.