Tascam 464 separate outputs modification question

Started by FUZZZZzzzz, January 13, 2019, 11:54:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FUZZZZzzzz

So, I hope I'm not breaking any rules here with something slightly less stompbox minded. I'm currently restoring a tascam 464 4 track cassette recorder. It's the smaller brother of the 488 and 488mkII, which I also owned before. I saw an ad on eBay where someone is selling mods for 4 separate outputs (post eq) that you can send to your DAW so that they all stay in sync. I have not found any service manual or schematic for the 464, but have for the 488. Is adding a separate output as simple as taking the signal for example from C112 for channel 1? Just after the EQ?

service manual:
http://slugbug.sound-club.org/information/Tascam%20488%20Mk1%20Service%20Manual%20%28PNG%29/

"If I could make noise with anything, I was going to"

ElectricDruid

Quote from: FUZZZZzzzz on January 13, 2019, 11:54:47 AM
Is adding a separate output as simple as taking the signal for example from C112 for channel 1? Just after the EQ?

Yes, it looks like it. But note that the channel fader doesn't affect the separate output.

HTH,
Tom

FUZZZZzzzz

thanks! so a better spot would be lug 2 of the r120 input fader?

anotherjim

If you want you can take output from the fader wiper (post-fader). Or the fader top (pre-fader) C112. Or before the EQ (pre-eq) C108. Or indeed, fit switching to select with.

wavley

I would look at the Tascam 244 and see where they did it, concept should be the same. 

But I think everybody has already nailed it.
New and exciting innovations in current technology!

Bone is in the fingers.

EccoHollow Art & Sound

eccohollow.bandcamp.com

Rob Strand

QuoteI would look at the Tascam 244 and see where they did it, concept should be the same. 
The 244 OM hints at post fader pre pan.
Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.

FUZZZZzzzz