Get Ready Y'all, A New Dirt Pedal Will Soon Be Available For All You Tonehounds

Started by Paul Marossy, January 18, 2019, 12:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Marossy

Here is the working pedal, elements of which were discussed in these two threads:
https://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=121704.0
https://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=121682.0

It will be released to the DIY world soon by someone I've been collaborating with the last few weeks. Then all will be revealed.  :icon_wink:

Getting this done for me is like closing a chapter in a time of my life that I need to just put behind me. I'm just kinda noodling around at the end, but you should get a good idea of the range of sounds possible. I never even changed pickups, I just stayed on the bridge pickup.

Mark Hammer

Doesn't sound dramatically different than many other things, but then that's also true of the Klon and Timmy.  What can matter more, some of the time, is being able to get to the sounds you want, quickly and easily, and this looks like it has some pleasing sonic flexibility.  Nice work.  I look forward to some clips less contaminated by room acoustics.  I suspect the mic-ing setup is hiding some of the true tone of the pedal.

Paul Marossy

Quote from: Mark Hammer on January 18, 2019, 01:11:58 PM
Doesn't sound dramatically different than many other things, but then that's also true of the Klon and Timmy.  What can matter more, some of the time, is being able to get to the sounds you want, quickly and easily, and this looks like it has some pleasing sonic flexibility.  Nice work.  I look forward to some clips less contaminated by room acoustics.  I suspect the mic-ing setup is hiding some of the true tone of the pedal.

It's just a camcorder. Not set up for all these fancy sound clips with expensive microphones like other people do.

EDIT: The pedal is very amp-like, and it responds to the dynamics in your playing very well. I think that's what makes it most desirable for me.

Mark Hammer

Been there.  Done that.  Tired of saying "No, really, it sounds better than that."  :icon_lol:

Paul Marossy

Quote from: Mark Hammer on January 18, 2019, 01:27:36 PM
Been there.  Done that.  Tired of saying "No, really, it sounds better than that."  :icon_lol:

Ha ha, yeah in time someone will do better work than I on some awesome sounding sound clips. My problem is that I don't have a camera with a seperate mic input, or a room set up to do such things or a good way to record direct to a computer. The room I am in has a 10 foot ceiling and no carpet, and so on. And I hate recording on a computer, much prefer the old days of tape... it was so much less of a hassle.