Searching for a particular schematic from the AMZ CD: wall wart regulating

Started by KarenColumbo, January 19, 2019, 08:13:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KarenColumbo

Another of my stupid questions: Yesterday I leasurely perused my copy of the AMZ CD and happened upon an article about wall wart supply regulating and filtering using an op amp and some filter R/Cs. As I'm easily distracted I lost it somehow and couldn't find my way back to it anymore. Even after browsing through a vast amount of images I'm still lost. Could be I got redirected to the AMZ website - but I can't seem to find it there, either :(
Does this ring a bell? Post wall wart regulating and filtering using one or two op amps? And maybe there was some NPN, too? Maybe smeone can point me a link ...
  • SUPPORTER
I see something of myself in everyone / Just at this moment of the world / As snow gathers like bolts of lace / Waltzing on a ballroom girl" - Joni Mitchell - "Hejira"

KarenColumbo

Thx, Jack - it's not what i have in memory - but that could've failed me as I was tired. Maybe a bit of reality/dream mixture. but this one's excellent information, too! What I was searching for: I often see schematics that use an op amp and a PNP (?) bipolar transistor to give out constant voltage. The schematic I (think I) saw, had this topology PLUS some R/C filtering to use the second half of the op amp to make those active. ANd it WAS definitely post wall wart - if a tad overkill compared to the usual 100R + 100 uF + 100 nF. Hm.
  • SUPPORTER
I see something of myself in everyone / Just at this moment of the world / As snow gathers like bolts of lace / Waltzing on a ballroom girl" - Joni Mitchell - "Hejira"

amz-fx

Andreas,

I do not remember any post about an op amp and transistor regulator. I did some quick scanning just in case my memory was faulty, and did not see anything like that.

There is this article: AMZ-CD/AMZ/www.muzique.com/lab/hum.htm

and this one: AMZ-CD/AMZ/www.muzique.com/lab/filter.htm

Best regards, Jack

KarenColumbo

It is very likely I got sidetracked and lost in the web while click-surfing on the "wall wart" thread - thank you for scanning! My browser history isn't showing up anything here neither, so maybe I just had a "vision" :) Serotonin does funny things :)
  • SUPPORTER