News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Chia Pedal

Started by EBK, January 23, 2019, 09:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EBK

Quote from: bluebunny on March 08, 2019, 05:02:46 AM
When we all get wiped out by some apocalyptic virus and nature takes over (as she is wont to do), then all our pedals will look like this.  :icon_eek:

My entire family is suffering from influenza this week.  Of course, my wife is the only one with the actual virus.  The rest of us are suffering because of my poor parenting skills.  :icon_razz:
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

bluebunny

Quote from: EBK on March 08, 2019, 06:15:59 AM
The rest of us are suffering because of my poor parenting skills.  :icon_razz:

At least you have some fresh greens to feed the kids.  ;)
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

EBK

My wife has suggested that it is time to wrap up this attempt so that I can keep the circuit safe for another attempt later in the Spring when things get warmer and drier and I can apply everything I learned from this go.  I think I largely agree.  I'm going to try to record a video demo first.  For now, I'll add this:
  • SUPPORTER

vigilante397

Thanks for all your work! I showed this thread to my wife last night, and she replied "Huh, I guess your pedals aren't that weird."
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

EBK

Quote from: vigilante397 on March 10, 2019, 01:25:48 PM
Thanks for all your work! I showed this thread to my wife last night, and she replied "Huh, I guess your pedals aren't that weird."
My goal was to expand the world of possibilities, not to expand the world of practicality.  I think I've succeeded.   :icon_cool:

My wife has so far shown interest in only two pedals I have built: this one and my cherry wood theremin fuzz (the weirdness of that one is not entirely my fault!).  She has encouraged me every step of the way in this insane pedal project, even watering it a couple times and rotating it in the window.  As I said, she is encouraging a third attempt at this, so I am 90% sure I will eventually post another pic of a cardboard substrate with unsprouted (or very recently sprouted) chia seeds attached to it.

One thing I am certain that will change in the next attempt is the LED.  I think this looks bad.

I'm thinking yellow would be better, and I don't care for how the stomp switch is partly lit up too.  Some sort of bezel, perhaps....
  • SUPPORTER

Rob Strand

QuoteOne thing I am certain that will change in the next attempt is the LED.  I think this looks bad.
It's like one of those time travel movies where someone finds a pedal all covered in vines.   All you need is an angry insect among the foliage to fend off intruders.
Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.

italianguy63

I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

Rob Strand

Is that car made in Korea?  It shows what happens when you misspell things  ;D

Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.

duck_arse

it was just disturbing in the stills - it's positively frightening in that animation.

any chance you can come and look at the turf at the Sydney Cricket Ground?
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

vigilante397

Quote from: EBK on March 10, 2019, 09:32:45 PM
My goal was to expand the world of possibilities, not to expand the world of practicality.  I think I've succeeded.   :icon_cool:

Agreed 8)
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

EBK

When we all get wiped out by some apocalyptic virus and nature takes over (as she is wont to do), then all our pedals will look like this.  :icon_eek:
:icon_eek:
I was looking through my old threads and noticed this oddly prescient comment.  Marc, is there anything else you need to warn us about?  :icon_razz:
  • SUPPORTER

Kevin Mitchell

Don't forget to water your pedals  8)

Was thinking about this project/thread the other day!
  • SUPPORTER
This hobby will be the deaf of me

EBK

I missed the growing window this year for another go at this project, which I still consider a work in progress.  I was distracted by Marc's prophesied apocalyptic virus.   :icon_lol:  If we survive, I'll grow more chia someday.
  • SUPPORTER

bluebunny

Quote from: EBK on November 17, 2020, 03:30:28 PM
I was looking through my old threads and noticed this oddly prescient comment.  Marc, is there anything else you need to warn us about?

It wasn't me.  If you have any further questions, please direct them to my lawyer.     ::)
  • SUPPORTER

bluebunny

Actually, that's a little spooky.  If only my precognition worked even half as well with the lottery numbers...   :icon_rolleyes:
  • SUPPORTER

iainpunk

wow, this is so cool!!!
i can't believe i never seen this thread before (as far as i can remember).
i'd like to try a mushroom pedal, yes, the psycho ones.

cheers, Iain
friendly reminder: all holes are positive and have negative weight, despite not being there.

cheers

11-90-an

someone should just cover the pedal with soil, no plants, for the perfect dirt sound... :icon_mrgreen:

ok, ok I'm making my way to the door...
(and sorry if joke's been done in this thread already... :icon_lol:)
flip flop flip flop flip