Is there anyway to mod the Marvel drive 1 to get more high end?

Started by Esppse, February 12, 2019, 09:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esppse

Hello,

I built one of these.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-n2aKhSH4Cco/U9462pjPT6I/AAAAAAAAIaw/YQo7yAU0DUQ/s1600/Ramble+FX+Marvel+Drive+horizontal.png

I added a presence control like stated in the comments, but realized that simply removes high end. I need to add a bit more fizz actually, the super high end.

Is there a component I can change to get more top end?

Thanks

antonis

Quote from: Esppse on February 12, 2019, 09:44:34 PM
I added a presence control like stated in the comments,
Due to neither presence control way of addition nor comments are attached, could you plz post a schematic of your specific modification..???  :icon_wink:
(it might be as easy as simply altering presence pot or some neighbour cap value(s)..) 
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

Esppse

I did this,

Master 3 on board layout > Presence 3
Presence 3 > Master 3 (pot)
Master 2 > Out

Master 1 to Ground
Presence 1 > added 22n cap > Ground

So basically it's an output tone control for high end roll off.

antonis

Quote from: Esppse on February 13, 2019, 07:32:10 AM
Master 3 on board layout > Presence 3
Presence 3 > Master 3 (pot)
Master 2 > Out

Master 1 to Ground
Presence 1 > added 22n cap > Ground

Are you sure that BOTH lugs 3 of Presence & Master are connected together..??

If yes, then you SHOULD have Presence wiper (lug 2) shorted either on lug 3 or lug 1 (wired as variable resistor)
(working as a variable low-pass filter with any impedance exists before Master 3 layout pad ..)

If no, then you should have Presence 2 wired to Master 3 lug (which makes more sense)..

Anyway, WHERE is Presence 2 located..??  :icon_lol:

Last but not least, what's the value of Presence pot..??

P.S.
Shouldn't be more convenient to post a draft schematic rather than every reader trying to draw its own..?? :icon_redface:
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

Esppse

Yeah master 3 and presence 3 are not together. Presence 2 goes to master 3.

So board output to presence to master is what I'm doing.

I then removed the presence pot and cap, and made it like the layout 100%, but would like more high end.

Im thinking the 2.2nf cap on the bottom right between Master 3 and Ground on the layout. Should I modify that for a lower value or remove it?

antonis

I'm afraid of we couldn't help you if you don't read (and answer to) entire posts..  :icon_cry:

It should be easy to tell you just to halve 2n2 Cap value to get "more" high end but it should be a fixation without getting into the point..  :icon_wink:

So, I ask you again: What's is the value of Presence pot.??