How would I made this but with 2 inputs and a mute switch?

Started by steveyraff, February 14, 2019, 10:10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveyraff

Hi there.

Someone wanted me to build them a high pass filter preamp for bass. This one specifically:http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2015/01/hpf-technology-hpf-pre-2.html

However, they said they will be using a standard bass, and an upright, and they wondered if I could make two of these units in one box, with 2 inputs, but one output. Or could I just use the one circuit with 2 inputs and the usual one output? Also, could I have a mute switch or an a/b switch on it for when instruments are being swapped?

They also asked about a 'Tuner Out', but I am not sure this would be quite as necessary. 

Steve.

www.outlandstudios.co.uk

patrick398

Surely you don't need two circuits in one box? (assuming the circuits are to be identical). Just a switch to select either of the two inputs. Which ever input is not selected can be grounded by the switch.

steveyraff

Quote from: patrick398 on February 14, 2019, 11:22:10 AM
Surely you don't need two circuits in one box? (assuming the circuits are to be identical). Just a switch to select either of the two inputs. Which ever input is not selected can be grounded by the switch.

Yea thats what I was thinking. I guess it through me when he asked for 2 - in - 1 , but I think he just wants to be able to leave 2 instruments plugged into it and have an A/B switch.
Steve.

www.outlandstudios.co.uk

steveyraff

Assuming I can build this HPF as normal, with standard off board wiring, but just add an additional input, how would I create an A/B switch? I am not sure I've ever done something like that before. I'd imagine its simple enough but I kinda need to visualise it. Probably be a footswitch...
Steve.

www.outlandstudios.co.uk