ADAU1452 + AD1938 universal board

Started by Vlad Koen, February 15, 2019, 06:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vlad Koen

After I got success with ADAU1701 guitar multi effect board (old called tank chorus), I decided to experiment with ADAU1452 processor.
Now I make GERBER file and send it to production.
In principal, it is adau 1452 mini z board, but with 6 auxad and 6 mp inputs for external control.
And 23lc1024 memory for long delay and quality reverb.

In a month it will be tested.

Vlad Koen

Hi everybody !
Yesterday I got my order from PCB fabric and now my project already working!
I did very simple test sketch in the Sigmastudio and I must say it is sound very very wonderful.
Mach more better than project on ADAU1701.
Were was 3 mistakes in the PCB  routing, and it mast be correct in v2 PCB.Now I sketch web page on google sites, there would to be  all in files (kikad  and gerber).
I think that pages  would be the name somethink like " DIY elektronic sound devices".

mth5044

Cool! I don't know much about this whole thing, but I like the visual programming.

Vlad Koen

next edition of PCB

corrected some mistakes and added codec cs4270 as alternative of ad1938 (for future experiments)

siro78

Good work.
Can I ask to you where have you connected the external SRAM and wich SigmaStudio configuration is needed?

Thanks

slacker

Looks interesting, nice work. Is that an FX2 development board being used as a programmer?

Vlad Koen

Quote from: siro78 on March 18, 2019, 06:11:50 AM
Good work.
Can I ask to you where have you connected the external SRAM and wich SigmaStudio configuration is needed?

Thanks

it's a difficult way)) it took me 2 hours to solve the problem.

1.Before all, there must be pull up resistor to pin 2 /so/ because 23lc1024 have only open collector, probably.
It is r7 on v2 pcb new design.
2. cs of 23lc1024 connected to mp11 in my case
3. in control table adau1452 in sigma studio mp11 I configurated as cs2 and no more! it ic must be multipopose port!
4. in exeternal delay unit I gave adress 1.

in this configuration all wotking perfectly, and self boot too.

Vlad Koen

Quote from: slacker on March 18, 2019, 02:34:47 PM
Looks interesting, nice work. Is that an FX2 development board being used as a programmer?

it is chip USBI interface connected by I2s mode

boga

Really nice job, Vlad!  ;)

You are planning to make it open source as I understand?

Are you planning to experiment with impulse response and amp / cab simulation also?

Vlad Koen

Quote from: boga on March 29, 2019, 01:11:25 PM
Really nice job, Vlad!  ;)

You are planning to make it open source as I understand?

Are you planning to experiment with impulse response and amp / cab simulation also?

yes it would be open source project . just I'll test new version PCB and maybe  new  box.

about impulse response I did not try it, but in Sigmastudio there is FIR filters.

amp and cab simulation I did from soft limiter and filters, it is works wonderful .

boga

Supercool! Can't wait to see your homepage already.   :icon_biggrin: ;)

Vlad Koen

First redaction PCB. Please check before order

https://easyeda.com/vladkoen/1452

Rauch

Hi mr vlad  Are this adau1452 board have 1/4" jack input and output and. Is have enough power for amp modelling and cab sim (IR) same time simultaneously? Thanks