Dual Loop Switch Box..Layout Concern

Started by Guitarist1983, February 17, 2019, 04:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guitarist1983

I am building a Dual Loop Switch Box based on the layout from generalguitargadgets.com   But, I'm not convinced that the grounding is correct based on the given layout.  Would someone take a look at this simple one-page layout and give a go/nogo ruling?   I'm inclined to connect Loop A's  Send jack's sleeve to the Output jack's Sleeve.  But I don't want a wanky ground looping problem.  I also believe the LEDs are miss-labeled  (LED for Loop A is actually for Loop B); am I correct?
Thanks in advance.

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/pdf/ggg_sw_loop2c_lo.pdf

PRR

I would assume that all sleeves are tied together via a metal box. Wire jumpers are redundant (good when a jack loosens-up mid-show). Also wires for LED returns.

Something as small as a pedal won't have real ground-loop trouble.

There's too many lugs on those switches for my eyes. I'd be inclined to wire-up as-drawn, but without blobbing epoxy on the LEDs yet. If the "wrong" LED lights, easy to swap.
  • SUPPORTER

Guitarist1983

Quote from: PRR on February 17, 2019, 06:09:50 PM
I would assume that all sleeves are tied together via a metal box. Wire jumpers are redundant (good when a jack loosens-up mid-show). Also wires for LED returns.
:icon_redface:  I'm sooo stupid.  I probably need a nap or some brain food.

Quote from: PRR on February 17, 2019, 06:09:50 PM
Something as small as a pedal won't have real ground-loop trouble.

There's too many lugs on those switches for my eyes. I'd be inclined to wire-up as-drawn, but without blobbing epoxy on the LEDs yet. If the "wrong" LED lights, easy to swap.

Agree--easy to swap, but I'm just lazy.  I'll breadboard the LEDs before soldering their wires to the footswitch.
Thanks PRR.

Guitarist1983

Follow-up. The LEDs are incorrectly labeled in the layout pdf.  The top row of the 4PDT lugs enables Loop A.