Author Topic: The Please Steal My Idea Thread  (Read 35613 times)

iainpunk

Re: The Please Steal My Idea Thread
« Reply #300 on: March 14, 2021, 09:17:48 PM »
a pedal company that only does mods to commercial pedals, trying to turn them in to ''swedish chainsaw'' sounds.

[the thread title doesn't insist on it being a good idea you want to have stolen]

cheers
half man - half snail - 6 feet to scale - Snail man's - not frail - He's been - to jail - snail man is fuccing real
『snailpilled』

r080

« Reply #301 on: March 28, 2021, 03:39:48 PM »
A pedal called the "Ever Grounded", with a knob that looks like a ship getting stuck in a canal when you turn it up.

iainpunk

« Reply #302 on: March 28, 2021, 05:02:07 PM »
A pedal called the "Ever Grounded", with a knob that looks like a ship getting stuck in a canal when you turn it up.
a wah/expression pedal that is made with a model ship and a fish tank.
pushing it to the bottom with your feet, or letting it float back up, to change the resistance.
fill the tank with windex and use a resistive strip as variable resistance, where the windex is the wiper.

cheers
half man - half snail - 6 feet to scale - Snail man's - not frail - He's been - to jail - snail man is fuccing real
『snailpilled』

matmosphere

« Reply #303 on: March 29, 2021, 03:07:14 PM »
a wah/expression pedal that is made with a model ship and a fish tank.
pushing it to the bottom with your feet, or letting it float back up, to change the resistance.
fill the tank with windex and use a resistive strip as variable resistance, where the windex is the wiper.

cheers

Maybe I'll try to build a way in a bottle  :o

KarenColumbo

« Reply #304 on: March 30, 2021, 01:12:46 PM »
I'd love to see a "mood-dependent pedal" made. something that analyzes you state with some elctrodes and such and varies parameters according to your current mood. Could be made reversable, so you're feeling better when playing through the box. Or vice versa :)
  • SUPPORTER
“I want something that'll give me the stamina of a young werewolf, the vision of a shaman, the thoughts of a serial killer and the gentleness of a hungry vampire bat.” - Spider Jerusalem

vigilante397

« Reply #305 on: March 30, 2021, 01:43:26 PM »
Could be made reversable, so you're feeling better when playing through the box.

Pretty much all pedals are like that, in my opinion ;)
  • SUPPORTER
"I'm not sure what "serious design flaws" you see. Does it explode or poison your dog?" - PRR

www.sushiboxfx.com

amptramp

« Reply #306 on: March 31, 2021, 06:31:48 AM »
I'd love to see a "mood-dependent pedal" made. something that analyzes you state with some elctrodes and such and varies parameters according to your current mood. Could be made reversable, so you're feeling better when playing through the box. Or vice versa :)

Maybe this could be a lie detector pedal.  There is an input for skin resistance on a lie detector.  The disadvantage of this is that people might be able to figure out what you have been up to.  If your bandmate asks you using his microphone, "Did you sleep with that groupie last night?" and your wife is in the audience, the output had better not change or your wife will know the answer even if you don't answer.

iainpunk

« Reply #307 on: March 31, 2021, 07:29:55 AM »
Electrocardiography based tremolo/vibrato/autowah/phaser

so you have audio feedback of your heart rate, so you can play your music to your own heart beat!

cheers
『snailpilled』

11-90-an

« Reply #308 on: April 01, 2021, 03:02:47 AM »

so you have audio feedback of your heart rate, so you can play your music to your own heart beat!

cheers

I need this!  :icon_lol:

(I can’t be the only one who gets pissed when my hearbeat doesn’t follow a set beat? No?)
flip flop flip flop flip

garcho

« Reply #309 on: April 01, 2021, 10:12:32 AM »
What if you have arrhythmia?
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

iainpunk

« Reply #310 on: April 01, 2021, 07:26:25 PM »
What if you have arrhythmia?
free jazz
『snailpilled』

garcho

« Reply #311 on: April 01, 2021, 09:47:51 PM »
^ right?! ;D

Or Bulgarian music

• SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

Bunkey

« Reply #312 on: April 03, 2021, 10:01:48 AM »
I'd love to see a "mood-dependent pedal" made. something that analyzes you state with some elctrodes and such and varies parameters according to your current mood.

Maybe this could be a lie detector pedal.  There is an input for skin resistance on a lie detector.  The disadvantage of this is that people might be able to figure out what you have been up to.  If your bandmate asks you using his microphone, "Did you sleep with that groupie last night?" and your wife is in the audience, the output had better not change or your wife will know the answer even if you don't answer.

The De-Fib Rillator, obviously.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 10:42:33 AM by Bunkey »

Bunkey

« Reply #313 on: April 03, 2021, 01:10:37 PM »
Taking the best of a few other ideas here and voicing them over something entirely contrary, I came up with The BoJo.

It's a distortion with a subtle modulating effect blended into ambiguous re-timing that's entirely similar but not to be confused for extended delay.
It boasts an output of 2/4 timing but legally requires an input of 3/4 or greater.
Anything it considers a mistake it gates and replaces with sympathetic white noise.
If you play a jazz chord it'll halve the supply voltage and chortle to itself.
There's an optional 'sanction control' to adjust these features but you can't afford it.

The idea seemed plausible at first, though having riffed on it for a while it's quite apparent that no consumer would benefit from investing in one.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 01:38:03 PM by Bunkey »

Bunkey

« Reply #314 on: April 03, 2021, 02:26:57 PM »
Taking the best of a few other ideas here and voicing them over something entirely contrary, I came up with The BoJo.

It's a distortion with a subtle modulating effect blended into ambiguous re-timing that's entirely similar but not to be confused for extended delay.
It boasts an output of 2/4 timing but legally requires an input of 3/4 or greater.
Anything it considers a mistake it gates and replaces with sympathetic white noise.
If you play a jazz chord it'll halve the supply voltage and chortle to itself.
There's an optional 'sanction control' to adjust these features but you can't afford it.

The idea seemed plausible at first, though having riffed on it for a while it's quite apparent that no consumer would benefit from investing in one.

Christ, what do I do with my Saturdays..