The Please Steal My Idea Thread

Started by EBK, February 20, 2019, 04:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EBK

I've got too many ideas and too little time.  I suspect others may feel the same about themselves.  However, there may be some of you who have more time than ideas, and you folks can probably make people happy by bringing to life some extra otherwised unused ideas.  So, let's dump some ideas here, whether complete or half-baked, and let others run with them.  Sound good?

I'll start with these:

Idea: I'd like to see someone build a pedal using macaroni art for graphics (with alphabet pasta labels).

Idea: I'd like to see someone build a pedal named Resting Bitch Face (my wife used the phrase recently, and it struck me as awesome  :icon_razz:).
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

Rob Strand

QuoteI'd like to see someone build a pedal named Resting Bitch Face (my wife used the phrase recently, and it struck me as awesome  :icon_razz:).
I'd like to see a pedal named "Muff Squeezer" in honor of Donald Trump.
Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.

EBK

Idea:  I'd like to see someone build "The Cagey Bee's Pi":
https://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=120975.msg1134727#msg1134727
  • SUPPORTER

thetragichero

low pass filter around 220hz -> sub octave generator
high pass filter around 165hz -> big muff clipping circuit
blend (bypassed by switching octave-out jack)
some sort of tone stack

inspired by a two-piece metal band I saw
breadboarded but I quickly gave up trying to troubleshoot. Will give another stab at it

EBK

Idea:  How about a pedal with aesthetics and construction inspired by one of these?
  • SUPPORTER

Kevin Mitchell

Quote from: Rob Strand on February 20, 2019, 04:42:55 PM
QuoteI'd like to see someone build a pedal named Resting Bitch Face (my wife used the phrase recently, and it struck me as awesome  :icon_razz:).
Reminds me... Was going to clone the Camel Toe and call it...
Moose Knuckle

These fuzz names are just terrible  :icon_lol:
  • SUPPORTER
This hobby will be the deaf of me

amptramp

I had an idea for a pedal to be called Log Arrhythmia which would use log - antilog generation but it would be terrible for anything with more than one note at a time because of intermodulation.  It still might work on a theremin.

Rob Strand

QuoteIdea:  How about a pedal with aesthetics and construction inspired by one of these?
My cousin had one of those!

QuoteThese fuzz names are just terrible
Yeah, once fuzz became muff in the 70s it has been downhill.

Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.

EBK

Any pranksters out there?  There might be enough time for you to design and build one of these musically unuseful ideas before April 1st (and, yes, I did at one time fully intend to unleash both of these upon the unsuspecting world  :icon_twisted:):

1.  The Swear Jar:  an envelope detector triggers the replacement of the normal audio with a 1kHz "bleep" (optionally a different, more musical frequency).  Bonus points for a remotely-activated design, especially one that could work with a microphone.

2.  The B♭us (B flatus), or more discretely named, Beef Lattice:  Notch filters remove B♭ frequencies and a farty sound of corresponding magnitude is inserted.
  • SUPPORTER

bluebunny

You been fermenting those chia seeds, Eric?   ???
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

italianguy63

I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

Kipper4

Here you go Eric
my version of an enveloped tremolo. Speed up or speed down.

Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

patrick398

Quote from: EBK on February 20, 2019, 08:59:53 PM

1.  The Swear Jar:  an envelope detector triggers the replacement of the normal audio with a 1kHz "bleep" (optionally a different, more musical frequency).  Bonus points for a remotely-activated design, especially one that could work with a microphone.

Could be fun to implement one of those record/playback modules and have pre-recorded swear words inserted into the signal path at sporadic intervals.

dano12

Build an overdrive using instrumentation opamps.

dan.schumaker

Quote from: Kevin Mitchell on February 20, 2019, 05:29:07 PM
Quote from: Rob Strand on February 20, 2019, 04:42:55 PM
Reminds me... Was going to clone the Camel Toe and call it...
Moose Knuckle

These fuzz names are just terrible  :icon_lol:

Way ahead of you on the Moose Knuckle....
1685 Moose Knuckle Jr by Dan Schumaker, on Flickr

Kevin Mitchell

• SUPPORTER
This hobby will be the deaf of me

vigilante397

I don't actually have any ideas floating around, but I feel like this thread is going to be important later, so I have to jump in while it's still on page 1 8)
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

EBK

Idea:  An op amp circuit that saturates with modulated power rail voltages.  (I suppose it doesn't have to be an op amp, but it was an op amp datasheet that sparked the idea.)
  • SUPPORTER

vigilante397

Quote from: EBK on February 21, 2019, 11:49:56 AM
Idea:  An op amp circuit that saturates with modulated power rail voltages

Like a clean/dirty tremolo?
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

EBK

Quote from: vigilante397 on February 21, 2019, 12:21:11 PM
Quote from: EBK on February 21, 2019, 11:49:56 AM
Idea:  An op amp circuit that saturates with modulated power rail voltages

Like a clean/dirty tremolo?
Maybe.  Depends on the shape and frequency of your modulating signal, I suppose.
  • SUPPORTER