The Please Steal My Idea Thread

Started by EBK, February 20, 2019, 04:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EBK

Quote from: ElectricDruid on July 07, 2019, 11:35:48 AM
So, in a similar vein, can I get some ideas for a "Boris" pedal, since we're about to have our very own UK-version of Trump?
Edit:  Just go with this graphic.
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

duck_arse

Quote from: bluebunny on July 07, 2019, 06:56:04 AM
Quote from: EBK on July 07, 2019, 06:41:09 AM
I would think a 1590A claiming to be the biggest pedal ever would be more appropriate.  :icon_razz:

A 1590DD pedal, but with 1590A hands.   ;D

I wonder if duckie's pedal upholstery skills extend to a blond comb-over?   ???         ;)

I see two problems with this - colour matching [where to find that orange?] and the sculpting needed on the quiff. and as far as doing the hair on a boris - no.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

EBK

It's really quite simple.  You make Trump hair out of cotton candy, and you make Boris hair out of candy floss.  :icon_wink:

Duck would have to make it out of fairy floss, I think.  Probably wouldn't look right.  :icon_razz:
  • SUPPORTER

stallik

I'm not too sure you'd find an enclosure thick enough either
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

duck_arse

Quote from: jfrabat on July 06, 2019, 09:55:12 PM
Quote from: EBK on July 06, 2019, 07:13:25 PM
As far as a Trump pedal goes, this one would be very hard to beat:
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=116468.msg1079499#msg1079499

Not even close.  First off, that pedal is TINY. A Trump pedal would be BIG.  HUGE!  1590BB minimum (preferably 1590XX).  And Beautifull...  it would make your playing great again!

Oh, and all text decals would have to be in CAPS.

Possible names:

WITCH HUNT DISTORION
CHEETOH IN CHIEF RAT

Some ideas...

a person could build a trump themed sample and hold type bitcrushing thing. it could be named [I'm not sure we haven't had this already, but oldies are goodies] .....

snatch and grab 'em. [it was Eric's idea.]
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

EBK

Quote from: duck_arse on July 09, 2019, 09:54:55 AMa person could build a trump themed sample and hold type bitcrushing thing. it could be named [I'm not sure we haven't had this already, but oldies are goodies] .....

snatch and grab 'em. [it was Eric's idea.]
aw, come on, duck.  You can take credit for your own stable genius ideas.   :icon_razz:
  • SUPPORTER

EBK

Idea: a Pitch Pirate pedal with arrrgyle graphics.

Example:

That particular pattern is copyrighted (and not by me).  You should come up with your own instead of pirating it, of course.  :icon_razz:
  • SUPPORTER

marcelomd

No Trump pedal is complete without a COVFEFE knob.

EBK

I'd love to see someone use the word "spatchcock" either in a pedal name or as a control label. 
  • SUPPORTER

Ripthorn

Quote from: EBK on September 15, 2019, 01:02:16 PM
I'd love to see someone use the word "spatchcock" either in a pedal name or as a control label.

I've got an idea that this name would be great for. I still need to breadboard it, but the name would work perfectly! I was also contemplating the name Ro Sham Bo for it...
Exact science is not an exact science - Nikola Tesla in The Prestige
https://scientificguitarist.wixsite.com/home

Sooner Boomer

I guess that beats out the knob labeled "Floccinaucinihilipilification".
Dan of  ̶9̶  only 5 Toes
I'm not getting older, I'm getting "vintage"

Ripthorn

Perhaps "Alfred Spatchcock" and the graphic has Hitchcock's head on a chicken body :)
Exact science is not an exact science - Nikola Tesla in The Prestige
https://scientificguitarist.wixsite.com/home

EBK

I'd like to see a pedal with incredibly verbose control labeling.

For example, instead of "Volume", label it "Turn this knob clockwise to make the output sound louder"
  • SUPPORTER

italianguy63

Quote from: EBK on October 30, 2019, 06:19:01 AM

For example, instead of "Volume", label it "Turn this knob clockwise to make the output sound louder"

In German!  :)
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

EBK

Quote from: italianguy63 on October 30, 2019, 06:34:16 AM
Quote from: EBK on October 30, 2019, 06:19:01 AM

In German!  :)

Turren das knöbben clokweiß ferden otpütsaunderlauden?

OK, my German is very lousy.  :icon_razz:

Google tells me:
Drehen Sie diesen Knopf im Uhrzeigersinn, um den Ausgangston lauter zu machen.
  • SUPPORTER

EBK

Ok.  One more idea for this morning. 

Recently, I was reading the Dr. Seuss story "Too Many Daves" to my son, and thought it would be great to have a pedal with lots of knobs labeled "Dave" (this is sort of like my "I am Groot" and "Big Smurf Pi" ideas).  For graphics, there is this lovely illustration in the book of kids (Dave and Dave) playing with a pocket knife:
  • SUPPORTER

Sooner Boomer

Or the Monty Python version where every knob is labeled "Bruce".
Dan of  ̶9̶  only 5 Toes
I'm not getting older, I'm getting "vintage"

bean

Friggin' component sockets that are magnetized or expandable. Just drop them on/in your pads, do your business, remove and solder in the chosen part.

italianguy63

Quote from: Sooner Boomer on October 30, 2019, 06:37:17 PM

And the machine that goes Bing!
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

highwater

Quote from: Sooner Boomer on October 30, 2019, 06:37:17 PM

You mean your pedals' knobs aren't all labeled "Bruce"? That's got to be a bit confusing.
"I had an unfortunate combination of a very high-end medium-size system, with a "low price" phono preamp (external; this was the decade when phono was obsolete)."
- PRR