The Please Steal My Idea Thread

Started by EBK, February 20, 2019, 04:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iainpunk

a pedal company that only does mods to commercial pedals, trying to turn them in to ''swedish chainsaw'' sounds.

[the thread title doesn't insist on it being a good idea you want to have stolen]

cheers
friendly reminder: all holes are positive and have negative weight, despite not being there.

cheers

r080

A pedal called the "Ever Grounded", with a knob that looks like a ship getting stuck in a canal when you turn it up.
Rob

iainpunk

Quote from: r080 on March 28, 2021, 03:39:48 PM
A pedal called the "Ever Grounded", with a knob that looks like a ship getting stuck in a canal when you turn it up.
a wah/expression pedal that is made with a model ship and a fish tank.
pushing it to the bottom with your feet, or letting it float back up, to change the resistance.
fill the tank with windex and use a resistive strip as variable resistance, where the windex is the wiper.

cheers
friendly reminder: all holes are positive and have negative weight, despite not being there.

cheers

matmosphere

Quote from: iainpunk on March 28, 2021, 05:02:07 PM
Quote from: r080 on March 28, 2021, 03:39:48 PM
a wah/expression pedal that is made with a model ship and a fish tank.
pushing it to the bottom with your feet, or letting it float back up, to change the resistance.
fill the tank with windex and use a resistive strip as variable resistance, where the windex is the wiper.

cheers

Maybe I'll try to build a way in a bottle  :o

KarenColumbo

I'd love to see a "mood-dependent pedal" made. something that analyzes you state with some elctrodes and such and varies parameters according to your current mood. Could be made reversable, so you're feeling better when playing through the box. Or vice versa :)
  • SUPPORTER
I see something of myself in everyone / Just at this moment of the world / As snow gathers like bolts of lace / Waltzing on a ballroom girl" - Joni Mitchell - "Hejira"

vigilante397

Quote from: KarenColumbo on March 30, 2021, 01:12:46 PM
Could be made reversable, so you're feeling better when playing through the box.

Pretty much all pedals are like that, in my opinion ;)
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

amptramp

I'd love to see a "mood-dependent pedal" made. something that analyzes you state with some elctrodes and such and varies parameters according to your current mood. Could be made reversable, so you're feeling better when playing through the box. Or vice versa :)

Maybe this could be a lie detector pedal.  There is an input for skin resistance on a lie detector.  The disadvantage of this is that people might be able to figure out what you have been up to.  If your bandmate asks you using his microphone, "Did you sleep with that groupie last night?" and your wife is in the audience, the output had better not change or your wife will know the answer even if you don't answer.

iainpunk

Electrocardiography based tremolo/vibrato/autowah/phaser

so you have audio feedback of your heart rate, so you can play your music to your own heart beat!

cheers

cheers

11-90-an

Quote from: iainpunk on March 31, 2021, 07:29:55 AM

so you have audio feedback of your heart rate, so you can play your music to your own heart beat!

cheers

I need this!  :icon_lol:

(I can't be the only one who gets pissed when my hearbeat doesn't follow a set beat? No?)
flip flop flip flop flip

garcho

• SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

iainpunk

cheers

garcho

• SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

Bunkey

Quote from: amptramp on March 31, 2021, 06:31:48 AM
I'd love to see a "mood-dependent pedal" made. something that analyzes you state with some elctrodes and such and varies parameters according to your current mood.

Maybe this could be a lie detector pedal.  There is an input for skin resistance on a lie detector.  The disadvantage of this is that people might be able to figure out what you have been up to.  If your bandmate asks you using his microphone, "Did you sleep with that groupie last night?" and your wife is in the audience, the output had better not change or your wife will know the answer even if you don't answer.
Quote from: iainpunk on March 31, 2021, 07:29:55 AM

The De-Fib Rillator, obviously.
...just riffing.

Bunkey

Taking the best of a few other ideas here and voicing them over something entirely contrary, I came up with The BoJo.

It's a distortion with a subtle modulating effect blended into ambiguous re-timing that's entirely similar but not to be confused for extended delay.
It boasts an output of 2/4 timing but legally requires an input of 3/4 or greater.
Anything it considers a mistake it gates and replaces with sympathetic white noise.
If you play a jazz chord it'll halve the supply voltage and chortle to itself.
There's an optional 'sanction control' to adjust these features but you can't afford it.

The idea seemed plausible at first, though having riffed on it for a while it's quite apparent that no consumer would benefit from investing in one.
...just riffing.

Bunkey

Quote from: Bunkey on April 03, 2021, 01:10:37 PM
Taking the best of a few other ideas here and voicing them over something entirely contrary, I came up with The BoJo.

It's a distortion with a subtle modulating effect blended into ambiguous re-timing that's entirely similar but not to be confused for extended delay.
It boasts an output of 2/4 timing but legally requires an input of 3/4 or greater.
Anything it considers a mistake it gates and replaces with sympathetic white noise.
If you play a jazz chord it'll halve the supply voltage and chortle to itself.
There's an optional 'sanction control' to adjust these features but you can't afford it.

The idea seemed plausible at first, though having riffed on it for a while it's quite apparent that no consumer would benefit from investing in one.

Christ, what do I do with my Saturdays..
...just riffing.

EBK

I would like to see a pedal called Marble Arch Sound, with dead grass glued to it.  :icon_razz:

• SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

amptramp

Carrier current pedals.  These have the input and output modulated onto an RF carrier at separate frequencies.

No more ground loops since the radio frequencies are capacitively or inductively coupled to the DC source.  Your stomp switch would select whether the input or the effect output would be modulated onto the output carrier.  Or different pedals could be switched in or out via a radio pushbutton switch.  No more plugs and cables other than the power leads.  All signals would be present at different frequencies on the power supply and you just set up each device to receive the frequency corresponding to the pedal that is driving it.

PRR

Quote from: EBK on August 05, 2021, 09:06:16 AM
I would like to see a pedal called Marble Arch Sound, with dead grass glued to it.  :icon_razz:

For those of us beyond the range of your tourist promotion touts:

https://www.mylondon.news/news/zone-1-news/marble-arch-mound-falls-apart-21173844
https://www.mylondon.news/whats-on/whats-on-news/marble-arch-mound-closes-just-21172248
"The mound promises 360-degrees views down Oxford Street and Hyde Park with 'views never seen before by the wider public'.
"But it wasn't long before the mound was being compared to the Teletubby hill and 'scaffolding covered in B&Q turf'
"The mound is formed by scaffolding covered in green turf and currently has a few trees dotted across it."
https://twitter.com/emmabethwright/status/1419932605449969665/photo/1
  • SUPPORTER