NOMAD REVERBEROLA... a predecessor to the univibe...

Started by pinkjimiphoton, February 21, 2019, 04:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinkjimiphoton

...... with a couple extras the univibe doesn't have. it has a speed range switch, slow, medium or fast.... the fast is like skeeters buzzin' in your ear fast....

and a "tremolo" mode that's really cool ;)

i personally am too dumb to compare the schematics to see the diff, but... i scanned this years ago when i had one in for repair <from a super notorious NYC studio> and labeled the parts and never remembered about it til i found it a couple days ago.

so anyways,if anyone is interested, here it is. i pasted in the values cuz they were almost impossible to see.
also played with the scan a bit to get it more legible with mediocre results... but ya should be able to see whats going on...

have fun! if anybody makes a board or vero, let me know!

• SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

Kevin Mitchell

Seems to be a mix of the origional uni-vibe, the RT-18 tremolo and a speed switch instead of dual pot.
Cool  8)

I had posted a schematic request for a cracked out Univibe yesterday. Don't think that'll get any action.
Looks like it's up to me to build it  :icon_twisted:
  • SUPPORTER
This hobby will be the deaf of me

pinkjimiphoton

it has the dual 100k pot, its in the lower left of the drawing. you'll have to look close, it says 100k and has lines pointing to it

i labeled it A100k, c would probably work better tho. check out rg's adapter for a single pot on GEO

the speed switch i forget if it was 3 position, or two, but if memory serves my burnt ancient hippy brain, it was slow, medium and fast, and the fast was literally dizzying. very very cool!

if ya burn any boards kev, let me know, i'd gladly pay for one. ;)

keep me posted please on how ya make out! its a really cool univibe variant. it predates the univibe and the honey psych machine AFAIK

• SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

Kevin Mitchell

I know all about it  :icon_lol:

Missed the speed pot. Interesting. The honey vibe has great speed range using a couple .68 capacitors - better range than the usual Uni-vibe. I understand wanting more room to dial the speed but how useful could a switch really be?

I would have built an 8 stage univibe with tremolo by now but never could understand the choice of phase caps. I'd like to at least have an idea of what I'm doing  :icon_lol:
  • SUPPORTER

pinkjimiphoton

its more useful than ya think, at the superspeed settings, its like a ring mod. very cool!
to me, the univibe just don't go fast or slow enough. this thing is SICK. ;)

i dunno if an 8 stage univibe would work out so well, i think it would sound more like a phaser than a "leslie" at that point, but love to hear it anyways. i hate chorusing, like, the olan mills <you're probably way to young to remember them lol> of sound... but phasers are a different aminal! ;)
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

Kevin Mitchell

I've done a 6 and 8 stage easyvibe before. It did resemble a phaser a bit more (as it should) but gave a swoosh that'll knock your socks off. I loved that thing.

I need another Uni-vibe for the pedal board. So next time I'll use those capacitor values in the LFO and include the switch - as well as the tremolo mod. I'll let you know if I get some boards made. I really have to start population my website with products  :icon_lol:
  • SUPPORTER

pinkjimiphoton

dude, where's your website?
i'd love to check it out. mine is like, 15 years out of date lol
http://jimipocius.com

by all means, let me know if ya get some or burn some boards, its too epic to vero for me.
i think you'll dig the tremolo and speed mods.  they make the univibe much more epic to me. 6 or 8 stages i bet would sound great, but does it lose the univibe "thang"?
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

Kevin Mitchell

I literally have nothing on my site other than some project photos  :icon_lol:

I'm waiting until I have at least 2 batches of PCBs ready and also need to find a graphic designer to help me out with the aesthetics and a logo. Right now it's only a blank market page. Might change things up soon. I'll keep ya posted.
  • SUPPORTER