GGG Dim LED when bypassed

Started by avt, February 25, 2019, 01:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

avt

Hello, I'm having a wierd issue, I just built the ITS8 with not mods or clipper switch, and it appears to be working fine, but when the battery is in and I plug into the input jack, the LED glows dim.  Then when you turn on the switch it comes on with the normal brightness as it should.  I traced all the wires and resoldered my input jack, I checked the board and it all looks good.  I don't know where I went wrong.  Any help would be appreciated.  Aaron

Kevin Mitchell

Are you sure your switch is wired to ground for the LED? It shouldn't be lit at all when bypassed unless you have a faulty switch.
  • SUPPORTER
This hobby will be the deaf of me

avt

hey Mark, thanks, yeah I wired it exactly like the diagram, checked it over and over too.

Kevin Mitchell

Quote from: avt on February 25, 2019, 03:29:31 PM
hey Mark

Check again. Check if your switch is faulty. If the switch is okay the LED wouldn't have a ground connection when bypassed and shouldn't be lit at all. Maybe you have some wires touching that shouldn't be.

Test the voltage of the power supply. See if it changes when the switch is engaged. You might have a short somewhere and not realize it.
  • SUPPORTER
This hobby will be the deaf of me

avt

Gotcha, I'll give it a shot this evening and let you know.  Thanks.

patrick398

I had this problem recently, i'd reversed the board ground wire and the led ground wire on the switch, easily done

avt

Hey Mark, I changed the switch and it seemed to work.  Thanks.

bluebunny

Patrick, meet Kevin.

Kevin, meet Patrick.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

pinkjimiphoton

• SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr