Volume mod for Foxx Fuzz/Wa/Volume?

Started by grrrau, February 27, 2019, 09:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grrrau

Hi,

Apologies if this has been discussed somewhere -- I searched as best I could. I have seen people talk about a mod to remove the volume pedal action while the fuzz is engaged with the Foxx Fuzz/Wa/Volume pedal, but I can't seem to find any details as to how to make this modification. I'd like to give it a go, as Analogman used to do it for $50 but doesn't anymore. Any help is appreciated!

pinkjimiphoton

i have one of these i plan on restoring, so when i get to it, i'll take a look. would seem to me the easiest thing to do would be add a 3pdt switch. take the three connections that go to the volume pot, disconnect them and solder them to the three middle pins of the switch (make sure the orientation of the switch is right, you want the lugs all "horizontal")

then put one side of the switch back to the volume pot connections, and connect the input and output of the pot connection together so they're shorted. now one way, you got the volume, the other way, the volume is shorted full blast.

seems like the easiest way to do it to me.

been a while since i looked at the thing, i forget if the pot is wired forward or backward, and if it was single or dual.

but this is the basic idea, i think. you may have to add snubber resistors to ground if it pops, but that's fairly standard.

• SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

grrrau

Thanks! So you are talking about the wah pot? There is a separate volume pot for the fuzz mode which I'd like to keep in action, I think the mod removes the wah pedal from the circuit so it no longer also affects the volume when you are in fuzz mode but not in wah mode. Analogman mentions that some even came from the factory with this mod in place and that's how he figured out how to do it. I don't think this mod should require a separate switch, but I could be wrong.

pinkjimiphoton

mike piera is a pretty nice guy, if you contact him, he'll probably tell ya how to do it.
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

grrrau

I got the same advice on the DAM forum. I've written him and I'll see what he says back. Thanks!