J232 replacement in THAT Corporation compressor

Started by jamierichards1234, March 05, 2019, 02:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamierichards1234

Hi, I'm hoping to build this compressor (attached) from THAT corporation's website but I can't seem to find the J232 Jfet anywhere (used in the input section).

I've downloaded the datasheet and I'm trying to figure out a suitable alternative but I don't have much experience with this and I'm not really sure which numbers matter and which aren't so relevant in this application. I already have some J309s so I guess it would be ideal if that would work but the numbers look pretty different.

Could anyone take a quick look at the datasheets (attached) and let me know if the J309 would work? Or do you have any suggestions for an alternative I could buy as I still need to order some bits? I would prefer SMT to be honest.

Many thanks,

Jamie

PRR

• SUPPORTER

jamierichards1234

Really?! So I just change that ground connection to Vref and it should work with the j309? Thanks so much!

garcho

Probably could get away with any typical input buffer, no? I've built a few of their compressors and most of their designs can stand a little fudging of the numbers (of course, best to use as accurate as possible, it's obviously well-designed). Haven't built this one though. They, or should I say THEY, have a "one knob" compressor that's worth building (of course it doesn't have to be just one...). And that SSL compressor is THAT based and sounds lovely.
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"