stupid pedal trick: stiffler's mom

Started by pinkjimiphoton, March 05, 2019, 02:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinkjimiphoton

stiffler's mom... the biggest muff pi on the planet... tweaked rams head with low gain q's and +/- 15db 3 band eq grafted in where the tone stack was, and a switch to choose ge or led/ge clipping

sick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj4K-3UmfzM&feature=youtu.be

• SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

Sooner Boomer

I really like this!  The amount of sustain makes it really sweet!
Dan of  ̶9̶  only 5 Toes
I'm not getting older, I'm getting "vintage"

pinkjimiphoton

build one, dan!! if ya need the boards n can't get them, let me know, i'll hook you up ;)

but for all intents, you need to go to guitarpcb.com and get a muffin and a tonetwEQ.
just wire in the tonetwEQ where the tone stack was on the big muff, leave the volume off the tonetwEQ, take the send to the volume pot and go right to the final stage of the muffin, where the output of the stock bmp tone stack would go.

i'd reccomend gains on the transistors around 200. clipper is either 1n914's, or 1n34a and pink leds in series.

hope ya build it, and enjoy it. thanks for watchin! peace!
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

Govmnt_Lacky

Nothing but LOVE for ya' Jimi but, as soon as I watched the video, I thought of Floyd Pepper  ;)

Rock On!!!
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Mark Hammer

Wren & Cuff have come out with a Big Muff derivative that attempts to include every conceivable option, available via dipswitch.

pinkjimiphoton

i can hear tom hughes already.... "you diy guys add too many options".

seems to me like a waste of dip switches ;) lol
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

Mark Hammer

Joel Korte uses two 8-switch banks.  This uses two 10-switch banks, which is 4 "better".

EBK

A couple of those DIP switch settings had me thinking that I would be too disappointed to box up the circuit that made that sound if it was something I built.  :icon_confused:
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.