News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

reMOteWah

Started by pinkjimiphoton, April 11, 2019, 12:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinkjimiphoton

so i was dicking around with the mowah circuit from guitarpcb.com, and decided to box it, but without a shell. say what?

i stuffed it in a 1590b, instead. why?
i'm a goddamn geezer, and humping around heavy ass crybabys is a pia. instead of 3+ lbs, this thing with an expression pedal is less than a pound. may not seem all that great, but when ya gotta 90 lb pedalboard, 2 lbs less is good!!
built it totally stock pretty much to barry's build doc. but to adapt it to the 10k pot in your average expression pedal, i had to drop the 10n wah cap down to 3.3n to move the range of the wah  pot to a useable spot. seems to be perfect.
since the average wah pot is 100k, and ya only use a smallish part of the sweep for the actual wah part, 10k works out to be about perfect.

i reccomend the "universal expression pedal" from quiklock, as it has a built in polarity switch.

its gotta 100k pot up top so you can uses it standalone as a %^&*ed wah. i'll never use it that way myself.

i barely... just barely... fit the exp pedal jack in the enclosure.. i had to turn it sideways and make it "spoon" with the output jack. slick. but it worked.

simply splice in an insulated trs plastic style jack, a switching one like found in wah wahs.

connect the output from the board to the pot first to the unswitched pins of the jack, then take the switched pins to the pot. now when ya stick a trs plug in, the exp pedal controls the wah sweep, pull it out and the 100k does.

the toggle switches between a 10n and 100n input cap. 

works great. how does it sound? like a nice warm phat crybaby ;)

i call it the reMOteWAH cuz its a MoWah controlled remotely ;)

i didn't measure correctly, and eyeballed the enclosure. bit mistake. had to nibble the corners off the pcb to make it fit, and trim down the exp jack to make space!! ;)

• SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr