Revealing Satan's Anus, the dirtiest fuzz ever made... (fuzz face clone mod)

Started by jdom1984, April 09, 2019, 04:33:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

duck_arse

back in 1988 [yes, before you were born - it still happened, tho], Tav Falco released the Red Devil album.

for tour promotion, there was a sticker of the shitting demon shown at the top of the sleeve. I couldn't find an image of that on the web [I strongly advocate that you don't do an image search], but I think I still have the sticker somewheres about. give me a shout and I'll scan it for you, it might be subtle enough for your purpose.

after all, the devil is in the detail.
don't make me draw another line.

jdom1984

Quote from: duck_arse on April 21, 2019, 10:37:53 AM
back in 1988 [yes, before you were born - it still happened, tho], Tav Falco released the Red Devil album.

for tour promotion, there was a sticker of the shitting demon shown at the top of the sleeve. I couldn't find an image of that on the web [I strongly advocate that you don't do an image search], but I think I still have the sticker somewheres about. give me a shout and I'll scan it for you, it might be subtle enough for your purpose.

after all, the devil is in the detail.

who you talking to boy? I was born in 1984 hence the super subtle username?

;-)

thanks! I cannot see any shit but I can add that in I guess haha

That photo is hilarious its so bad it looks like no one was eve ready for the shutter release. HAhahah!! But classic! Oldskool will listen, or not worth it?

jdom1984

Quote from: anotherjim on April 21, 2019, 09:55:17 AM

hhahahhahah

yeah man seriously bro I nearly smashed everything with a hammer....

will leave it for a few days until I try again.

duck_arse

well! by four whole years.

nevermind that other stuff. this link will take you to a bigger image of the back cover, much better demons. the record? past his best, not yet his worst, but it does have Chilto on, and about half the tracks are pretty good. imo.
http://www.45worlds.com/i/1168a120554c217abe4
don't make me draw another line.

deadastronaut

jdom, try using this to make your layout, for vero/strip board

http://diy-fever.com/software/diylc/

if you have a shematic/clear drawing, we may be able to help too.  ;)

i just want to see satans butt working now... ;D

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

jdom1984

Quote from: duck_arse on April 22, 2019, 09:53:22 AM
well! by four whole years.

nevermind that other stuff. this link will take you to a bigger image of the back cover, much better demons. the record? past his best, not yet his worst, but it does have Chilto on, and about half the tracks are pretty good. imo.
http://www.45worlds.com/i/1168a120554c217abe4

thanks man ducks are is helping in the construction of satans anus

thanks guys.

I am now attempting to screw my electronics brain back on. I will be using breadboard, make sure the circtui works THEN move into a box!!!
I am literally thinking "Duuuh!". I shoulda done that! and worked out the schematic this way, testing things without soldering anything!!!
I have a multi meter! I bought one :-)

jdom1984

Quote from: deadastronaut on April 23, 2019, 04:03:58 AM

thanks dude this looks useful I am running mac though...

I may have to drop the INTERACTIVE ANUS LED :-( I think it is draining the current too much and making it too quiet. So true bypass is actually much louder than the effect :-(

I will look into it but now by this point I may have to give up on the interactive anus led :-(

EBK

Quote from: jdom1984 on April 20, 2019, 08:53:21 AM
I need to buy a multi meter and be much more methodical about everything.

Quote from: jdom1984 on April 26, 2019, 02:25:43 PM
I have a multi meter! I bought one :-)

That by itself is a huge amount of improvement in one week. :icon_cool:
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

jdom1984

Quote from: deadastronaut on April 23, 2019, 04:03:58 AM

i posted the schematic higher up its a drawing ... its the basics alright. Everything I do is a mix up of this schematic as this is what I think is going on with the prototype you can hear examples of...

vortex

Quote from: sominka on April 16, 2019, 04:29:15 PM
Shame you cant get brown vapour emanating LED's.

Small Bear used to stock them!

:P

jdom1984

I am super proud of myself. I have had over a week off of this evil little bastid and now I am returning with a whole new approach. I realised that electronics is a lot more like heart surgery than an abstract jackson pollock! ;-)

I am super proud I have a multi meter (£3 lol) and some boxes to organise stuff. Plus that stuff you poke your soldering iron into to clean it after every joint. Also I found I had a little vice in my loft I have had lying around for decades and finally drilled that into my desk!

I have completely rethought the name and style of the pedal. That first one was a experiment and so will the next one. I have cut it back to 4 pots instead of the 6, as the extra ones dont really do enough to be useful. I want it to be more stylish and simpler, so I will not be going with satans anus.. I maybe just call it "HELL".. I will print out a nice image of satan or paint it on with a stencil. I still want it to be a little rough and unique but not a mess like that first attempt. I think I will get some nice metal black pot knobs, give the whole thing a more classy feel without losing that raw vibe. I might still paint everything on with a rough texture, but using a stencil it will be a much more mature and stylish image of satan...

I think the interactive anus led was draining too much current from the circuit, it is SO MUCH LOUDER without that. Actually my pedal might be too loud, I have to turn it right down! haha. Well it is satan afterall.  I really shouldnt have named this thread in such a way as its obviously still very early days. I still have not even been able to re create my rough prototype. I will get the bread board out and work it all out on there before wasting anymore solder and components and time trying to debug stuff without even know if the schematic is working properly. i am very excited as I think all my decisions will improve my experience of building and the sound of the actual pedal a huge amount. i still hope to make these and sell them, I want it to be worth it and really something I feel proud of charging money for. I will make a couple and use them for a few month to see how they go. Maybe I will make a couple to give away or sell very cheap in return for a review, testimonial or youtube video of them using it.

Anyway thought I would update this.

Here is a very rough design of how I think it should look, I also thought about the layout and how it all fits together inside, I want to leave room for the battery to be held underneath the stomp switch inside... I saw this on another design and want to emulate it. Keep it organised and have space for everything. My circuit is very simple so there is not excuse not to have space for a battery.

THEN SOME SHOTS OF MY NEW GEAR AND ORGANISED SHIZZLE...  :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:

toneman

on your drawing, u should label your "e b c "s...  (emitter base collector)

U can use your new meter to test the junctions.

e-b-c don't always have the base in the middle.....

here's another neat thing to have:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1x-DSO138-2-4-TFT-LCD-Digital-Oscilloscope-Test-1Msps-200KHz-Bandwidth-W-Probe/292816210951?hash=item442d34cc07:g:yLcAAOSwvphakwus&frcectupt=true

:icon_cool:
  • SUPPORTER
TONE to the BONE says:  If youTHINK you got a GOOD deal:  you DID!

jdom1984

wooow dude thats too much! haha. What is an oscilliscope I looked it up but dont really get it lol. I would learn a lot buying this for sure.

I think I have bitten off more than I can chew already and I am catching up but I will look into that when I progress, would be great to understand what exactly is making my fuzz sound this way and what the components are doing to the signal. But at this point I am struggling to even make the circuit again, so early days.

toneman

Do you know that your new digital meter has a "transistor test" function??

Lots of time, I get Harbor Freight coupons in the mail.

I've got several of these meters FREE with any purchase at HF here in Sacramento!!

These are great meters to carry with you "just in case".

They even come with a 9V battery!!

Live long and solder!!

:icon_cool:
  • SUPPORTER
TONE to the BONE says:  If youTHINK you got a GOOD deal:  you DID!

deadastronaut

what shematic are you going by with this?.

draw it up, and we can see/help....and maybe then can design a vero/strip board for ya... 8)

and include satans butthole too lol... ;D
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

bluebunny

Quote from: deadastronaut on May 01, 2019, 12:03:52 PM
maybe then can design a vero/strip board for ya... 8)

and include satans butthole too lol... ;D

We could design-in a back-to-front electrolytic for you, and then it can smell like Satan's backside too.   :icon_twisted:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

jdom1984

thanks guys very kind I have a rough schematic but because of the trouble recreating it I am not confident in it yet...

jdom1984

I put the schematic together again this time on breadboard (yes I finally learnt!). But the bad news is its still not working, I am getting a signal and all the knobs seem to be doing their job properly. The only thing is its all VERY low gain so its not distorted at all. I am using the 2N2222A not the 2N2222.. Is this why its never working like the original I made? Because when I got it working before it did the same thing. So perhaps I am building the circuit correctly its just the components are not right? Everything else is the same so I guess it must be this. Unless as I say I am simply not writing down the schematic properly from the prototype. It is a simple circuit and as everything is working correctly I think it might be correct. Let me know asap please of this could be it. I guess I need some more 2n2222 then it would be very easy to test this theory.

jdom1984

HAHAHAHHA ITS ALIIIIVEEEE!!!!!

MWAHAHAHAH

MWAHAHAHA

omg it was a stupid mistake I simply hadnt connected the negative to earth! lol.. Anyway now it is sounding better than ever! Better than the prototype! Now I can make final adjustments and it is done!!!

I will update with a recording soon I am just having a break after this breakthrough it feels so damn good that I had written down the schematic correct and my protoype IS recreateable!!!!! Now final tweaks of the design and making sur ethe LED and footswitch and true by-ass all work as expected. I think I might have to keep all 6 pots they are all actually veru useful and the range of sound you can get will be unbeatable! Stil thinking of dropping the anus and just calling it satan and just having one led that is normal. Sorry guys I know you loved that anus.