LED dimly lit when not engaged

Started by Jmkrull, April 11, 2019, 02:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmkrull

So, my EHX Stereo Electric Mistress' LED stays dimly lit when the pedal isn't engaged. It works as it should effect function-wise and the two color LED also works just fine when it's engaged, but for some reason the LED stays in a dimly lit, single color state when the pedal isn't engaged. Does anyone know why this would be? This pedal though, I really don't want to do anything with internally since it's all surface mount stuff and that's well above my pay grade. Just wondering if it's an easy thing to deal with. Thanks!

antonis

Quote from: Jmkrull on April 11, 2019, 02:43:14 PM
I really don't want to do anything with internally since it's all surface mount stuff and that's well above my pay grade. Just wondering if it's an easy thing to deal with.
Obviously, it has JFET On/Bypass switch with LED driver transistor not turning fully OFF, so you better leave it as it is..
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

PRR

It is likely that a few-K resistor across the LED would shunt the leakage to very-very dim.

If it is SMT, I would not try to fix it.
  • SUPPORTER

Jmkrull

Ok, cool. Seems like it's more of a nuisance then more than anything. Thanks!