Spring Reverb build with Amz mini booster and other mods help

Started by Shadownight5150, April 15, 2019, 09:18:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadownight5150

Im building a Surfybear spring reverb tank but want to add a few mods

1st i wanna add a AMZ miniboost on the input to drive the spring tank
One question i have is with the AMZ Miniboost can i use a 250k pot instead of a 100k
Also what differences will happen if i do.

Next id like to add a compressor and delay and would like to know how id wire those into the circuit.

Mark Hammer

I suppose it depends on a few things.  First, is the booster intended to goose both the signal sent to the pan and the clean signal you intend to mix with the reverb at a later stage, or is the intent to treat the reverb as an entirely separate signal?  I ask because use of a higher-value volume pot, while it won't impair functioning of the booster circuit itself, may eat up some of the top-end sparkle of the clean signal.  The reverb pan itself tends not to carry or reproduce much in the top end, so a 250k pot won't do much to the reverb frequency response.

Question #2:  Why do you ask?  Are you trying to adapt the minibooster to some pre-existing circuit, or is this simply a case of I-don't-have-any-100k-pots-at-the-moment?

Shadownight5150

Quote from: Mark Hammer on April 15, 2019, 09:38:32 AM
I suppose it depends on a few things.  First, is the booster intended to goose both the signal sent to the pan and the clean signal you intend to mix with the reverb at a later stage, or is the intent to treat the reverb as an entirely separate signal?  I ask because use of a higher-value volume pot, while it won't impair functioning of the booster circuit itself, may eat up some of the top-end sparkle of the clean signal.  The reverb pan itself tends not to carry or reproduce much in the top end, so a 250k pot won't do much to the reverb frequency response.

Question #2:  Why do you ask?  Are you trying to adapt the minibooster to some pre-existing circuit, or is this simply a case of I-don't-have-any-100k-pots-at-the-moment?

Well its a since to drive the inital input to give the reverb some grit. I say 250k cause thats all i got laying around and dont wanna order one lol. If it warms up the signal thatll be good cause reverb units are overly bright any way