Condor build, have I fried my TL074?

Started by Killthepopular, March 07, 2019, 10:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Killthepopular

Man, Just been looking at the 1590A thread. I'm astonished at the circuits some of you guys have crammed into those tiny enclosures. I was worrying about being able to fit a 9X7 hole vero board and 1 16mm pot into a 1590a. After looking at that thread I see i should just man up and get on with it.

BTW, I'm a singer songwriter building a board for basic Open mic type gigs, just to get a good sound. My current setup is: Compressor (Marshall Ed1) > EQ (Dano Fish & Chips) > Cab sim (this condor). I'm gonna make an EP boost just to stick at the end and sweeten the tone a bit. Sometimes I use a Behringer analog delay too, just to make the sound a bit wetter, but that doesn't seem to have much headroom and I'm not sure I like the added grit.
I was thinking of building an amp sim pedal too but I'm not convinced that more distortion is what I really want for basic singer-songwriter type stuff. EQ and compression is probably the way to go.

This is the EP I'm thinking of making:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_ltumfwhRb4/U5JdWEcP34I/AAAAAAAAHsc/WJJ0ZTbv_Ks/s1600/Echoplex+EP3+Preamp+-+Early+Version+II.png