i only need 3rd stage Triple wreck

Started by preciousmolina666, June 10, 2019, 03:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

preciousmolina666

Im satisfy in gain of 2nd stage and 3rd stage, my 4th stage will be buffer

1.) the 4th stage of triple wreck is around gain of 2 right? other than that what does R10 (47k) do after symetrical clipping ? does it affect diode or lessen the gain? cause i dont know if i need to include this if my next stage is buffer or non inverting gain

2.) my 4th stage is buffer or non inverting gain. what resistor value input impedance do i need?

3.)If i non-invert the 4th do the sound change?

http://revolutiondeux.blogspot.com

I hate noise...

antonis

Quote from: preciousmolina666 on June 10, 2019, 03:47:23 PM
1.) the 4th stage of triple wreck is around gain of 2 right? other than that what does R10 (47k) do after symetrical clipping ? does it affect diode or lessen the gain? cause i dont know if i need to include this if my next stage is buffer or non inverting gain
R10 does whatever it should do without diode pair in front of it..
(sets the gain together with R11 and also sets the HPF corner frequency together with C9..)
If IC1D stage will be a buffer, you may omit it, togheter with C9,  but you should bias non-inverting input via a 470k resistor, like R2..
For non-inverting gain, see R16/C16/R17 configuration..
(although, that's a tricky one 'cause it offers a gain of 2 on a signal divided by 2..) :icon_wink:

2.) my 4th stage is buffer or non inverting gain. what resistor value input impedance do i need?
See above..

3.)If i non-invert the 4th do the sound change?
As far as there isn't any other signal mix, it shouldn't be a problem..

P.S.
Better (and easier) should be to delete D3, D4 & D5, make R11 47k and C10 470pF..
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

preciousmolina666

Thanks antonis, i did build the IC1D with diode today and im suprise that it sound better with it , The RAT clipping sounds gone. maybe because of HPF, im gonna try to put switch on/off on diode of IC1D
I hate noise...

antonis

False alarm.. :icon_redface:
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..