Gagan way pot.

Started by AS74, April 22, 2019, 09:35:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AS74

I bought a pot from Joe 2 or so years ago and really like it.  Problem is, it was minutely
Scratchy from the get go.  Never enjoyed wah more though.  Gradually has got noisier and now I need another.   
Any advice on a new one?  I like the Gagan one and wonder if I got a dud.

bloxstompboxes

Maybe it was dirty and has become moreso. Spray some deoxit in it and work the pot back and forth. See if it works any better. Can't hurt.

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

pinkjimiphoton

either google "descratching vintage wahs by craig anderton"

or buy another pot. i use joe gagan pots all the time on every wah or expression style pedal, and endorse them as the best there are on the market. i think either you got a dud, or more likely, you gotta failing cap in your wah circuit thats bleeding dc somewhere. dc on a moving pot will sound like a scratchy pot.

contact joe, he'll take good care of ya, he's a hell of a guy! and he's kinda the einstein ferarri of wahwahs
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

AS74

Thanks for the reply's.  I only just remembered I posted.   :-[

I've cleaned the pot previously and had the pot in 2 different circuits, checked for DC
as well.  Definitely the pot.  I actually built a complete new board because I didn't want to trouble shoot the old circuit. 

Worth getting another one of Joe's pots?

Any other pot recommendations?

pinkjimiphoton

i am fairly sure if there's a problem with one of his pots, joe will replace it. he's a stand up guy like that.
i'll pm ya his email.
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr