2nd ever pedal! Modded Fuzz Face

Started by jdom1984, March 09, 2019, 06:44:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

duck_arse

taper taper taper taper taper taper taper.

change the pot to a C antilog taper, OR, wire an A log pot backwards, so it gets "louder" as you turn it "down", and it should give you smoother control. an A wired backwards will "feel" the same as a C wired forwards.

pumper as in farting, nickle as in Nick, the dark one. german bread so heavy it's said it would make the devil fart.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

jdom1984

Quote from: duck_arse on March 31, 2019, 10:47:53 AM
taper taper taper taper taper taper taper.

change the pot to a C antilog taper, OR, wire an A log pot backwards, so it gets "louder" as you turn it "down", and it should give you smoother control. an A wired backwards will "feel" the same as a C wired forwards.

pumper as in farting, nickle as in Nick, the dark one. german bread so heavy it's said it would make the devil fart.

Ok I will have to read into that to understand more fully.. I don't really know much about electronics. I am learning and doing trial and error to get what I want.

Hahhaha that's hilarious I never heard of that! Maybe a future pedal?

I had a question for you or whoever.

I will try to explain.

Basically I wanted th LED to be coming on and off depending on how much auto signal was coming through.  I found a connection that gives me the current I need to light the LED as the signal gets louder. It works pretty well but it off of the BIAS pot and it effects the audio signal. It seems to make the whole circuit a bit quieter and decrease that gain somewhat. It also took off sound nasty noise I was experiencing as it is alas grounding that connection, from the LED.

Anyway I kinda need to put the LED source somewhere else because I don't want it to effect the signal like that. Or I guess I can just make the first resistor in the circuit from the power source into a lower resistance and that will give me some of the loudness and gain back that I lost from draining some current from the BIAS knob to power the LED?

I also would love it if when that LED was on it made another LED go off. Can I easily somehow modulate the current going to another LED with this LED? So when power comes it decreases the power to the other led and when there is less power it increases the other led? like an invention, or polar opposite of what ever the current is doing? I was looking into transistors and maybe using one as a switch or something, but I don't want it to simply turn on and off, I want it to glow in an analogue way according the the current.

Anyway I hope that all makes sense. I am getting so close to finalising a schematic and moving it all onto bread board to make any final tweaks to rating of the components. I have ordered 5 enclosures and all the parts I need for at least 5 pedals! Going to design the art work and stuff. And hand paint the design! :-)

I will keep updated. At least I have one fan, much arse is satans anus's no. 1 fan! lol ;-)

Maybe I can make you a special cheap early edition and call it duck arse with a painting of a duck arse? And of course the ducks arse hole will light up the more disgusting the signal is! ;-)

example but without the led I was talking about will make a new example soon = https://youtu.be/-V2vQLEwMFo

duck_arse

a "duck arse" is, in fakt, a hair style, not an arsehole. don't be shoving leds into my hair, thanks.

QuoteOr I guess I can just make the first resistor in the circuit from the power source into a lower resistance and that will give me some of the loudness and gain back that I lost from draining some current from the BIAS knob to power the LED?

no.

QuoteAnyway I hope that all makes sense.

no. none of it.

draw out your circuit as you have it, include how you are connecting the led at the moment, exclude all those giant screws. we'll have someone look at what you are doing. you can use a transistor to drive a led and shunt another led in a fading way, quite easy. if you put it in the right place.

and one thing about fuzz - there's not much dynamics in a fuzzed signal - it's gets to full and then sustains ......... forever.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

jdom1984

yeah cool thank you I will make some final changes and make a schematic of what I have soon.