Source for long looper enclosures

Started by alparent, May 09, 2019, 09:24:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alparent

I'm building the JMK Epic Looper. 6 foot switches seems a bit crowded for the 4S1032L recommended?
I found this https://www.musikding.de/Looper-enclosure-30cm
Any sources closer to home for things like this? (Can/US)
Thanks

Anybody else build the Epic Looper?

smallbearelec

amptramp

If I was building a long enclosure for myself, I would probably start with a cast aluminum cam cover from a car.  Just think what you could do with something like this:

Use the oil filler hole for a meter, use the PCV valve opening for a jack and use the air inlet nipple on the bottom for the other jack.  Use the four spark plug holes for rotary controls.  Use a flat bottom plate and you may need a cover or another plate for controls for the end piece on the lower right hand side.  Cast enclosures have the advantage of no clanging noise when the 3PDT switch is actuated.  There is lots of space inside for circuitry.

Danich_ivanov

Not aware of enclosures this long, but as an alternative, 3 enclosures (something along the lines of 9x12 sm, gainta g0473 for example), stacked, connected together, with middle one holding the main circuit. Although, not sure how well it will work in terms of ergonomics, just a thought.

Mark Hammer

The limiting factor in loop-selectors is having enough space between switches for your foot to select the right switch.  A longer enclosure allows for morespace between switches.....if they are in a row.  But a deeper (front to back) enclosure allows for many switches to be positioned in a zig-zag pattern.  This provides more space between switches in the same row, while keeping the ones in the "back" row apart from the front.

Alain, I've used amplifier footswitch enclosures in this way.  These can often be found used.