Oh well . . .

Started by paul.creedy, May 10, 2019, 07:28:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebunny

Mine arrived too - fifteen days.  I lied.   :icon_redface:

The pink baggies are a new thing.  I guess they might be anti-static?
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

paul.creedy

I don't know, but they look garishly pink - I prefer clear, goddammit!

;)

vigilante397

Quote from: bluebunny on May 24, 2019, 10:07:38 AM
The pink baggies are a new thing.

I have to confess, it's been a few months since I actually made a Tayda order. Pink bags, you say?
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

paul.creedy

Mark Hammer

Well THAT'S new.  I guess it shows how long it's been since I put in an order.

PRR

Pink normally implies anti-static. You know how dry it gets in Thailand(*) and England. You know how sensitive a 100r carbon resistor is to static discharge.

Actually CMOS, and most digital stuff, IS still killed by static; and if they ship to Nathan(?) his post-office is 10% humidity on a "damp" day, and the post-workers keep shaking the box to see if pills spill out. So I guess it is just simpler to order a billion pink bags and use them for everything.

(*) Average relative humidity (%) months 68 72 72 72 75 74 75 76 79 78 70 66; year: 73
  • SUPPORTER

Mark Hammer

Oh man.  I have ruined SOOOO many 100R resistors with static.  Especially the 1/2W ones.  They'll just fry on you if you so much as look at them and say the word "static".

stallik

I was about to mention that pink bags might be more visible to fish when they end up in the sea but then remembered that red is filtered out as you go down.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Ben N

Every time I see the title of this thread I think of this, so I guess I have to share it.
  • SUPPORTER

willienillie

Bandmaster Reverb heads?

MrStab

apparently the pink bags are coated so they don't build up static on their own, but they don't protect components from charges generated elsewhere. hence the reflective antistatic bags. just something i found out recently.
Recovered guitar player.
Electronics manufacturer.

Ben N

Quote from: willienillie on May 27, 2019, 08:25:27 PM
Bandmaster Reverb heads?
Well, I'll be! Never would have expected that.
  • SUPPORTER