News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Me or Mooer?

Started by Mark Hammer, June 06, 2019, 08:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bool

Quote from: Mark Hammer on June 18, 2019, 07:50:28 AM
I did write to their service desk and describe the issue.  Their response indicated there was nothing I could do.
That's what you get for being nice.

Rob Strand

QuoteI did write to their service desk and describe the issue.  Their response indicated there was nothing I
could do.
That's nuts.  From what I can see not everyone experiences the detuning problem.  That would point to manufacturing issues, design issues, and/or faults.   It also means there must be a reason for it and if there's a reason it can be fixed!   :icon_evil:
Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.

Mark Hammer

If I had spent good money, I would be upset.  But like I said at the time to the guy I paid $10 for it, "If it doesn't work right, I can always cannibalize it for the enclosure".

Rob Strand

QuoteIf I had spent good money, I would be upset.  But like I said at the time to the guy I paid $10 for it, "If it doesn't work right, I can always cannibalize it for the enclosure".
If it has a crystal (or resonator) maybe you can check the oscillator frequency.  Measure at the oscillator output, which could be on the microcontroller, and not on the crystal.  To be honest I don't know why the pitch it would depend on the crystal but you never know.
Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.

toneman

I know this might sound crazy, but look at the bottom of the pcb (the top too as i assume it's doublesided)

Look for cold solder connections, lots of excess flux, etc.

Could be a memory problem. One bad bit can spoil the whole word.   :icon_lol:

I use a small xacto knife to clean between the ic pads and traces.

Then clean everything with isopropanol. Everything should be shiney  :icon_wink:

• SUPPORTER
TONE to the BONE says:  If youTHINK you got a GOOD deal:  you DID!