Anyone experience Monoprice 8 pedal 9V PS?

Started by Jay Bones, June 09, 2019, 12:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Bones

I find nyself with 8 pedals (how did that happen?) and figured its time to stop using a combination of wall warts and batteries.

I have a couple Monoprice 9V adapters and they work fine.

Wish I had the pockets for a Cioks or Voodoo Labs unit, but the Monoprice's low cost of admission makes it pretty attractive.  For $50 new (list) there are 8 patch cables (which I can use) plus a couple other instrument cables that I don't think I need (10' & 20' cloth cables- I use a 10 meter Vox coiled cable- which is part of my sound.  The resistance, or whatever, acts as a high pass filter.  Might keep them around for spares).

I've asked this on another forum, and only got a generic answer about as long as I had enough voltage and wasn't getting noise.  I'm looking for direct experience.
Jay C
Dunlop Mister Cry Baby Super volume, Behringer EO700, Modtone Auto Wah, Yamaha (Cutec) 2 kob compressor, Behringer UC200 ultra chorus, T C Spark mini, Behringer Ultra Octaver, Caline Time Space Echo Delay.

pinkjimiphoton

the mooer/donner ones are killer and cheap... like, 30-40 bux. 8 100ma outputs isolated, led's that go out if there's a short on each channel, a couple high current outlets too, and 18 and 12 volts. comes with all the cables including reveral ones. pretty hard to beat.

realistically, most of the chinese ones from different companies including monoprice are all identical other than graphics. they sell the same thing in different boxes from different manufacturers at different price points. so don't necessarily be too brand loyal. you can get a LOT of bang for your buck with the cheaper ones. i have had zero issues with mine. dead quiet, built like a tank.

hope that helps
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

FUZZZZzzzz

"If I could make noise with anything, I was going to"

DIY Bass

I am using a Caline branded one and my son has 2 on his board.  I think it is probably a similar thing.  So far has worked reliably and is quiet.