Started by Leetut, July 13, 2019, 03:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leetut

This has a Catalinbread RAH infront of the FV-1 as a Pre-Amp
Pre-Amp knob is just a DPDT rotary 2 position switch to turn the RAH on or off
I etched the RAH from effectslayouts
Display uses an Arduino nano, both fixed to an etched board
with a 16 position rotary switch to select 16 algorithms from 2 eprom's
Square hole was just drilled and filed, the trick is to open the hole with a file gradually
I.e. keep away from the edge until the last minute!
Paint is champagne metallic from Wilco U.K.
Text is plastisol screen printed
Both baked in an oven at 160c for 15 minutes
I made the FV-1 board in Eagle, it doesn't need the crystal if using the clock circuit and vice versa
FV-1 Eagle files, Arduino code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y171s6ltfl4jnyp/Graviton.zip?dl=0

potul

It looks amazing!

Does the Arduion keep any sort of presets? Or is it just used to manage the display and RAM switching?

Ice-9

First of all thanks for sharing this project Leetut it is very nice, I like the small OLED that you have used. Can I ask if you had any issues with digital noise from the OLED screen getting into the audio when designing the layouts?

Quote from: potul on July 14, 2019, 10:42:52 AM
It looks amazing!

Does the Arduion keep any sort of presets? Or is it just used to manage the display and RAM switching?

Hi Potul, I have had a look at the schematics that Leetut has shared and there doesn't look like there is any provision for saving patches, the FV-1 pots are connected directly to the FV-1 and not via the Arduino. I have not looked through the arduino code yet.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

Leetut

The arduino only reads the bcd switch and prints to the display,
No noise from the oled, the oled I used didn't work sending power to the vcc pin
Had to send power to the reset pin instead, no idea why
No presets
I posted it for reference really, Hope it helps someone

GuitarPhil

I found a similar odd thing with the OLED I was using - it would work even without the Vin connected at all! It was somehow getting enough power from somewhere.

Is the Reset pin on your display maybe active low so you had to pull it high to make it work?

Neat looking project and very professional looking finish on the enclosure.

Phil