Author Topic: First pedal issue (Fuzz face)  (Read 186 times)

James89

First pedal issue (Fuzz face)
« on: July 29, 2019, 05:44:25 PM »
Hi all, I was wondering if someone on here could help with an an issue I'm having with a fuzz face breadboard project.
I have gone by the NPN schematic on this site - https://fuzzcentral.ssguitar.com/fuzzface.php
The issue I'm having is I get almost zero volume. I'm using BC108C for Q1 & Q2. The only difference I have to the schematic is I am using 2 resistors in series for the 8.2k (adding to only 8k as I couldn't find an 8.2). I'm also powering it with a 9v adaptor.

Can anyone tell me where I should first look for issues (beyond checking it's wired correctly, as I've rebuilt 5-6 times and followed the schematic exactly each time with the same results)?

Thanks!

bluebunny

Re: First pedal issue (Fuzz face)
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 04:30:15 AM »
Welcome, James!  You might want to ask a mod to move this to the main "Building your own stompbox" area of the forum (or just re-post) - there's far more passing traffic there.  (This section is for the forum "beginner project", and there's hardly any footfall here.)

You'll also find a very handy, sticky "Debugging" thread when you get there.  Follow the instructions and post your findings - it really works: we'll definitely get you sorted!  :)
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

James89

Re: First pedal issue (Fuzz face)
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 05:06:42 PM »
Thank you very much! I'll make sure to post in that area and see who can help!
:)