Blackaddr/Teensy based pedal build

Started by audioartillery, April 06, 2018, 12:16:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GuitarPhil

Hey there!

Did you ever get the OLED added to your project?

I'm asking because in my latest project I hit a problem with the OLED injecting a loud buzz, presumably into the ground line.

The pedal was quiet if it was teh only pedal or if it was running on a separate PSU or when on a true isolated one (I have a Voodoo Labs 4x4) with other pedals but it was unusable if it was running with other pedals on a daisy chain or one of the cheap multi output supplies like the Joyo JP-02 or the many clones.

The solution I have come up with required a 3-stage LCR filter on the OLED supply but even this didn't fully cure the buzz. I finally had to replace the OLED with an LCD like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-3-ST7789-240x240-SPI-Colour-IPS-TFT-Screen-Display-Module-for-Arduino/283411111864?hash=item41fc9e5fb8:g:7g8AAOSwoF5chBSN&frcectupt=true:

Phil.

audioartillery

Quote from: GuitarPhil on June 21, 2019, 11:32:45 AMDid you ever get the OLED added to your project?

Hmmm, I think I did but it's been a while.  I ended up being more interested in writing effects than doing fancy things with the display.

I definitely didn't try it with audio going thru the pedal so can't comment on the noise issue you're facing.

You should start a thread here on your build, I think the more people see how easy this device is to use the more hobbyists we'll see get into this.

GuitarPhil

The OLED problem was in another project which didn't use BlackAddr's hardware. I've only recently acquired the TGA Pro and the Expansion board so just finding my way around that at the moment!

My first effort is a very basic simulation of a Meazzi Echomatic 2 drum echo from the 1960's as used by Hank Marvin of The Shadows!

I still need to add some EQ and try to simulate the wow and flutter and saturation of the magnetic media but I'm learning a lot along the way, albeit much more slowly than I could when I was a lot younger LOL