~Stereo loopswitcher with spillover - please help!~

Started by Lewi K, August 10, 2019, 06:20:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lewi K

Hi guys, I'm new here, but hoping I could get some help.

I have a Digitech Jamman Stereo that I plug both a Mic and guitar into. For those of you who don't know, the Jamman has an XLR in, Stereo 1/4" ins for an instrument, and stereo 1/4" out for everything that is input. When you record with the Jamman, it records everything that is input into it - if you're singing and playing at the same time and want to record a loop, it will record both the vocals and guitar; you can't choose to record only one.

I was hoping to get around this by making a switching box that would take the Jamman either out of the guitar signal chain, out of the microphone signal chain, or in/out of both. As far as the guitar/instrument side of things is concerned, the box would need stereo instrument inputs (as it would be coming from a stereo tremolo pedal), stereo sends to the jamman, stereo returns from the Jamman, and stereo outputs. Then the Jamman would be taken in and out of the signal path by a footswitch on the switching box which activated an LED when the Jamman was included.

In terms of the Microphone signal chain, I would have an XLR input to the box, and XLR Send to the Jamman (Footswitchable with a separate footswitch and LED like the instrument chain), and an XLR out - if the microphone signal was sent to the Jamman it'd come out the stereo 1/4" returns and then the two 1/4" outputs. Additionally, the two stereo returns would need to always be active (coming out the stereo outputs) to allow loops to continue playing if I wasn't sending an instrument/mic to the looper.

I need some serious help for this. No, buying another Jamman and syncing it isn't an option. I'm a capable solderer and can read wiring diagrams but not schematics. I thought this problem would be a simple fix in the beginning but the deeper I get into it the more complicated it seems to become. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

pruttelherrie

Check out Slacker's tailsloop: https://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=92036.0
You could easily make this stereo.

BUT! Since inst+mike are combined in the JamMan, I don't see how that would work. Try to work it out how it should work in a diagram first?