Eagle question Du Jour (valves)

Started by italianguy63, August 14, 2019, 10:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

italianguy63

Does anyone know where to find Eagle components (valves/tubes), in the libraries?  I have looked in the stock ones, MB's and GM's... I may be just missing them.. But I need a diagram for a 12AX7 family... PCB (pin) mount socket.

Thanks in advance!

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

PMowdes

Quote from: italianguy63 on August 14, 2019, 10:22:54 AM
Does anyone know where to find Eagle components (valves/tubes), in the libraries?  I have looked in the stock ones, MB's and GM's... I may be just missing them.. But I need a diagram for a 12AX7 family... PCB (pin) mount socket.

Thanks in advance!

MC

I've got them somewhere.  I'll drop you a PM
www.deadendfx.com
www.instagram.com/deadendfx

PMowdes

PM sent, cant figure out how to add an attachment here :(
www.deadendfx.com

italianguy63

I haven't seen the PM yet?!

You can email to gdmc@inbox.com please.

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

PMowdes

www.deadendfx.com

italianguy63

Got it thanks!! Now, I have to figure out how to use it!!

italianguy63

Got it loaded.. but not seeing the "heater" connections.. I guess I need to play with it awhile and try to figure it out!  Thanks!

MC

mth5044

They are in the madbean library, they have their own folder.

It's called tubes!

italianguy63

Quote from: mth5044 on August 14, 2019, 04:37:35 PM
They are in the madbean library, they have their own folder.

It's called tubes!

I did not see it.. but my MB lib is older (2012?)

Do you maybe have a link to the newest?

MC

italianguy63

Quote from: mth5044 on August 14, 2019, 11:52:18 PM
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=25194.0

Thanks... forgot my login.. working on that.

Looks like the library PMowdes sent me will work.  Thank you again!!

Apparently the problem is you have to hit the "Invoke" button in Eagle to add the heater connections.  (Now, that was intuitive!! - not!)

It's ugly.

Does anyone happen to have an Eagle "Valve" schematic (with heaters) that they could share a picture of so I can see what the "detached" heaters are supposed to look like on the page??!!

Thanks again!
Eagle is always a learning process.

MC

PMowdes

Quote from: italianguy63 on August 15, 2019, 02:03:18 AM
Quote from: mth5044 on August 14, 2019, 11:52:18 PM
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=25194.0

Thanks... forgot my login.. working on that.

Looks like the library PMowdes sent me will work.  Thank you again!!

Apparently the problem is you have to hit the "Invoke" button in Eagle to add the heater connections.  (Now, that was intuitive!! - not!)

It's ugly.

Does anyone happen to have an Eagle "Valve" schematic (with heaters) that they could share a picture of so I can see what the "detached" heaters are supposed to look like on the page??!!

Thanks again!
Eagle is always a learning process.

MC

The invoke command is pretty standard in Eagle, especially for IC power connections.

If for instance if you use a 3p4t switch and you accidentally delete one of the switch elements you can use the invoke command on one of the associated parts to recall the missing one.
www.deadendfx.com

italianguy63

I learn a little more about Eagle each project I do.

;D

vigilante397

Quote from: italianguy63 on August 15, 2019, 02:03:18 AM
Now, that was intuitive!! - not!

You've just summarized why I never got into Eagle :P
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

italianguy63