Author Topic: Name This Pedal Contest - Free Sausages....  (Read 9136 times)

EBK

Re: Name This Pedal Contest - Free Sausages....
« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2019, 09:09:00 AM »
twoboobies?
Toobies
Edit:
T⊙⊙bies

How did you make that font, Eric?!
That's just a circled dot character from the Unicode Mathematical Operators block.  U+2299.  Most reasonably complete fonts should have it.  It is used to represent the logical XNOR operation.  U+2609 is similar (solar symbol or generic circled dot, maybe).

There is also this gem, if you prefer: ⨃   :icon_lol:
That's an "n-ary union operator with dot."  "n-" presumably can be "mamm-".  :icon_razz:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 09:21:55 AM by EBK »
No affiliations. If I glowingly mention specific merchants or products, it is because I like them without having to be paid to like them.

italianguy63

« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2019, 09:33:00 AM »
Got it!  Hard to do in Win10.  :)
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

EBK

« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2019, 09:37:12 AM »
Got it!  Hard to do in Win10.  :)
Just copy and paste from my post.
No affiliations. If I glowingly mention specific merchants or products, it is because I like them without having to be paid to like them.

GGBB

« Reply #83 on: September 01, 2019, 09:56:24 AM »
twoboobies?
Toobies
Edit:
T⊙⊙bies

How did you make that font, Eric?!
That's just a circled dot character from the Unicode Mathematical Operators block.  U+2299.  Most reasonably complete fonts should have it.  It is used to represent the logical XNOR operation.  U+2609 is similar (solar symbol or generic circled dot, maybe).

There is also this gem, if you prefer: ⨃   :icon_lol:
That's an "n-ary union operator with dot."  "n-" presumably can be "mamm-".  :icon_razz:

U+0298 is another similar one called "Latin Letter Bilabial Click" - I think it is slightly taller - looks kind of like an uppercse version of the above:
Tʘʘbies
Depending on the font, this might match the uppercase alphabetical characters better.

EBK

« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2019, 10:26:01 AM »
U+0298 is another similar one called "Latin Letter Bilabial Click" - I think it is slightly taller - looks kind of like an uppercse version of the above:
Tʘʘbies
Depending on the font, this might match the uppercase alphabetical characters better.
"Bilabial Click", eh?  Those cunning linguists.   :icon_wink:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 10:28:28 AM by EBK »

duck_arse

« Reply #85 on: September 01, 2019, 11:05:36 AM »
perhaps slightly off-topic, but those little glass points on top of valves, where they get sealed after evacuation - would could they be called getter nipples?
Almost forgot the most important thing: Frankie Frankie .......

pi? I prefer cake.

italianguy63

« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2019, 11:20:58 AM »
perhaps slightly off-topic, but those little glass points on top of valves, where they get sealed after evacuation - would could they be called getter nipples?

Yes.. I just sold a couple used tubes, and they had "innies"
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

EBK

« Reply #87 on: September 02, 2019, 11:19:39 AM »
Easy-Bake Ovendrive

Underwire Overdrive
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 06:46:07 AM by EBK »

Steben

« Reply #88 on: September 02, 2019, 11:55:14 AM »
Enough rockets. twoob out twube would be my pick.
But if you want a medical theme: twoberculosis.
Although we call them valves.

"Them Valves" sounds nice
Very slang
Rules apply only for those who are not allowed to break them

italianguy63

« Reply #89 on: September 12, 2019, 10:05:43 AM »
A little teaser... got the remainder of the parts in yesterday for the prototype.

I have to throw an enclosure together, and do the final assembly, and test it.  Soon, I hope.

MC

vigilante397

« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2019, 11:01:25 AM »
"I'm not sure what "serious design flaws" you see. Does it explode or poison your dog?" - PRR

http://facebook.com/sushiboxpedals

Govmnt_Lacky

« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2019, 12:52:41 PM »
A little teaser... got the remainder of the parts in yesterday for the prototype.

I have to throw an enclosure together, and do the final assembly, and test it.  Soon, I hope.

MC

I don't want to be the parade pooper but....

Might want to search TMs for the title "Double Trouble." I see quite a few TMs issued for it (if you plan to sell commercially that is)
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of ‘up to and including my life.’

italianguy63

« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2019, 01:05:32 PM »

MC

I don't want to be the parade pooper but....

Might want to search TMs for the title "Double Trouble." I see quite a few TMs issued for it (if you plan to sell commercially that is)

YES!  I saw that after I ordered the prototype boards...

Renamed "Dual Stage Rock-It"

bluebunny

« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2019, 04:39:47 PM »
Renamed "Dual Stage Rock-It"

Be sure to send one to Herbie Hancock.
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

italianguy63

« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2019, 05:19:02 AM »
TRAIN WRECK.

Rookie valve mistake.  I have the valve pinouts mirrored.  And I swear I checked it 3 times.

I have to flip the device, retrace everything, and reorder proto-PCBs.  Big delay.  Sorry!

I'll update again eventually.  I want to get this going, it is a really fun project.

MC

duck_arse

« Reply #95 on: September 14, 2019, 10:39:04 AM »
TRAIN WRECK.

Rookie valve mistake.  I have the valve pinouts mirrored.  And I swear I checked it 3 times.

I have to flip the device, retrace everything, and reorder proto-PCBs.  Big delay.  Sorry!

I'll update again eventually.  I want to get this going, it is a really fun project.

MC

triple wreck is already taken, can you call yours "double wreck"?
Almost forgot the most important thing: Frankie Frankie .......

pi? I prefer cake.

EBK

« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2019, 03:30:03 PM »
Just call the new one @realDoubleTrouble. 

italianguy63

« Reply #97 on: September 15, 2019, 06:16:06 AM »
Any thoughts on the white PCB?  I kind of like it.

Other than it requires you to clean the flux off after assembly or it does not look so nice... But, it makes for a really clean looking build I think.

EBK

« Reply #98 on: September 15, 2019, 06:57:18 AM »
Cleaning flux to make a white PCB look good is a pain.  I suppose if I bought some real flux cleaner, it would be easier.  I typically clean with a toothbrush and alcohol (isopropanol for the board and ethanol for me).

italianguy63

« Reply #99 on: September 15, 2019, 07:10:01 AM »
Cleaning flux to make a white PCB look good is a pain.  I suppose if I bought some real flux cleaner, it would be easier.  I typically clean with a toothbrush and alcohol (isopropanol for the board and ethanol for me).

I use lacquer thinner and a toothbrush.. works real well.  You just have to be careful not to scrub the bands off the resistors!