Author Topic: Name This Pedal Contest - Free Sausages....  (Read 16780 times)

EBK

Re: Name This Pedal Contest - Free Sausages....
« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2019, 09:09:00 AM »
twoboobies?
Toobies
Edit:
T⊙⊙bies

How did you make that font, Eric?!
That's just a circled dot character from the Unicode Mathematical Operators block.  U+2299.  Most reasonably complete fonts should have it.  It is used to represent the logical XNOR operation.  U+2609 is similar (solar symbol or generic circled dot, maybe).

There is also this gem, if you prefer: ⨃   :icon_lol:
That's an "n-ary union operator with dot."  "n-" presumably can be "mamm-".  :icon_razz:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 09:21:55 AM by EBK »
  • SUPPORTER
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

italianguy63

« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2019, 09:33:00 AM »
Got it!  Hard to do in Win10.  :)
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

EBK

« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2019, 09:37:12 AM »
Got it!  Hard to do in Win10.  :)
Just copy and paste from my post.
  • SUPPORTER
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

GGBB

« Reply #83 on: September 01, 2019, 09:56:24 AM »
twoboobies?
Toobies
Edit:
T⊙⊙bies

How did you make that font, Eric?!
That's just a circled dot character from the Unicode Mathematical Operators block.  U+2299.  Most reasonably complete fonts should have it.  It is used to represent the logical XNOR operation.  U+2609 is similar (solar symbol or generic circled dot, maybe).

There is also this gem, if you prefer: ⨃   :icon_lol:
That's an "n-ary union operator with dot."  "n-" presumably can be "mamm-".  :icon_razz:

U+0298 is another similar one called "Latin Letter Bilabial Click" - I think it is slightly taller - looks kind of like an uppercse version of the above:
Tʘʘbies
Depending on the font, this might match the uppercase alphabetical characters better.
  • SUPPORTER

EBK

« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2019, 10:26:01 AM »
U+0298 is another similar one called "Latin Letter Bilabial Click" - I think it is slightly taller - looks kind of like an uppercse version of the above:
Tʘʘbies
Depending on the font, this might match the uppercase alphabetical characters better.
"Bilabial Click", eh?  Those cunning linguists.   :icon_wink:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 10:28:28 AM by EBK »
  • SUPPORTER

duck_arse

« Reply #85 on: September 01, 2019, 11:05:36 AM »
perhaps slightly off-topic, but those little glass points on top of valves, where they get sealed after evacuation - would could they be called getter nipples?
"I'd like to be an angry prophet denouncing the hypocrisies of our time."

"the pub takes care of that for you".

italianguy63

« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2019, 11:20:58 AM »
perhaps slightly off-topic, but those little glass points on top of valves, where they get sealed after evacuation - would could they be called getter nipples?

Yes.. I just sold a couple used tubes, and they had "innies"
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

EBK

« Reply #87 on: September 02, 2019, 11:19:39 AM »
Easy-Bake Ovendrive

Underwire Overdrive
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 06:46:07 AM by EBK »
  • SUPPORTER

Steben

« Reply #88 on: September 02, 2019, 11:55:14 AM »
Enough rockets. twoob out twube would be my pick.
But if you want a medical theme: twoberculosis.
Although we call them valves.

"Them Valves" sounds nice
Very slang
Rules apply only for those who are not allowed to break them

italianguy63

« Reply #89 on: September 12, 2019, 10:05:43 AM »
A little teaser... got the remainder of the parts in yesterday for the prototype.

I have to throw an enclosure together, and do the final assembly, and test it.  Soon, I hope.

MC

vigilante397

« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2019, 11:01:25 AM »
"I'm not sure what "serious design flaws" you see. Does it explode or poison your dog?" - PRR

www.sushiboxfx.com

Govmnt_Lacky

« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2019, 12:52:41 PM »
A little teaser... got the remainder of the parts in yesterday for the prototype.

I have to throw an enclosure together, and do the final assembly, and test it.  Soon, I hope.

MC

I don't want to be the parade pooper but....

Might want to search TMs for the title "Double Trouble." I see quite a few TMs issued for it (if you plan to sell commercially that is)
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of ‘up to and including my life.’

italianguy63

« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2019, 01:05:32 PM »

MC

I don't want to be the parade pooper but....

Might want to search TMs for the title "Double Trouble." I see quite a few TMs issued for it (if you plan to sell commercially that is)

YES!  I saw that after I ordered the prototype boards...

Renamed "Dual Stage Rock-It"

bluebunny

« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2019, 04:39:47 PM »
Renamed "Dual Stage Rock-It"

Be sure to send one to Herbie Hancock.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

italianguy63

« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2019, 05:19:02 AM »
TRAIN WRECK.

Rookie valve mistake.  I have the valve pinouts mirrored.  And I swear I checked it 3 times.

I have to flip the device, retrace everything, and reorder proto-PCBs.  Big delay.  Sorry!

I'll update again eventually.  I want to get this going, it is a really fun project.

MC

duck_arse

« Reply #95 on: September 14, 2019, 10:39:04 AM »
TRAIN WRECK.

Rookie valve mistake.  I have the valve pinouts mirrored.  And I swear I checked it 3 times.

I have to flip the device, retrace everything, and reorder proto-PCBs.  Big delay.  Sorry!

I'll update again eventually.  I want to get this going, it is a really fun project.

MC

triple wreck is already taken, can you call yours "double wreck"?
"I'd like to be an angry prophet denouncing the hypocrisies of our time."

"the pub takes care of that for you".

EBK

« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2019, 03:30:03 PM »
Just call the new one @realDoubleTrouble. 
  • SUPPORTER

italianguy63

« Reply #97 on: September 15, 2019, 06:16:06 AM »
Any thoughts on the white PCB?  I kind of like it.

Other than it requires you to clean the flux off after assembly or it does not look so nice... But, it makes for a really clean looking build I think.

EBK

« Reply #98 on: September 15, 2019, 06:57:18 AM »
Cleaning flux to make a white PCB look good is a pain.  I suppose if I bought some real flux cleaner, it would be easier.  I typically clean with a toothbrush and alcohol (isopropanol for the board and ethanol for me).
  • SUPPORTER

italianguy63

« Reply #99 on: September 15, 2019, 07:10:01 AM »
Cleaning flux to make a white PCB look good is a pain.  I suppose if I bought some real flux cleaner, it would be easier.  I typically clean with a toothbrush and alcohol (isopropanol for the board and ethanol for me).

I use lacquer thinner and a toothbrush.. works real well.  You just have to be careful not to scrub the bands off the resistors!