Name This Pedal Contest - Free Sausages....

Started by italianguy63, August 23, 2019, 07:59:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EBK

Quote from: italianguy63 on September 01, 2019, 08:45:39 AM
Quote from: EBK on August 30, 2019, 07:40:05 PM
Quote from: pinkjimiphoton on August 30, 2019, 06:58:44 PM
twoboobies?
Toobies
Edit:
T⊙⊙bies

How did you make that font, Eric?!
That's just a circled dot character from the Unicode Mathematical Operators block.  U+2299.  Most reasonably complete fonts should have it.  It is used to represent the logical XNOR operation.  U+2609 is similar (solar symbol or generic circled dot, maybe).

There is also this gem, if you prefer: ⨃   :icon_lol:
That's an "n-ary union operator with dot."  "n-" presumably can be "mamm-".  :icon_razz:
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

italianguy63

I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

EBK

• SUPPORTER

GGBB

Quote from: EBK on September 01, 2019, 09:09:00 AM
Quote from: italianguy63 on September 01, 2019, 08:45:39 AM
Quote from: EBK on August 30, 2019, 07:40:05 PM
Quote from: pinkjimiphoton on August 30, 2019, 06:58:44 PM
twoboobies?
Toobies
Edit:
T⊙⊙bies

How did you make that font, Eric?!
That's just a circled dot character from the Unicode Mathematical Operators block.  U+2299.  Most reasonably complete fonts should have it.  It is used to represent the logical XNOR operation.  U+2609 is similar (solar symbol or generic circled dot, maybe).

There is also this gem, if you prefer: ⨃   :icon_lol:
That's an "n-ary union operator with dot."  "n-" presumably can be "mamm-".  :icon_razz:

U+0298 is another similar one called "Latin Letter Bilabial Click" - I think it is slightly taller - looks kind of like an uppercse version of the above:
Tʘʘbies
Depending on the font, this might match the uppercase alphabetical characters better.
  • SUPPORTER

EBK

Quote from: GGBB on September 01, 2019, 09:56:24 AM
U+0298 is another similar one called "Latin Letter Bilabial Click" - I think it is slightly taller - looks kind of like an uppercse version of the above:
Tʘʘbies
Depending on the font, this might match the uppercase alphabetical characters better.
"Bilabial Click", eh?  Those cunning linguists.   :icon_wink:
  • SUPPORTER

duck_arse

perhaps slightly off-topic, but those little glass points on top of valves, where they get sealed after evacuation - would could they be called getter nipples?
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

italianguy63

Quote from: duck_arse on September 01, 2019, 11:05:36 AM
perhaps slightly off-topic, but those little glass points on top of valves, where they get sealed after evacuation - would could they be called getter nipples?

Yes.. I just sold a couple used tubes, and they had "innies"
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

EBK

Easy-Bake Ovendrive

Underwire Overdrive
  • SUPPORTER

Steben

Quote from: samhay on August 26, 2019, 05:27:38 PM
Enough rockets. twoob out twube would be my pick.
But if you want a medical theme: twoberculosis.
Although we call them valves.

"Them Valves" sounds nice
Very slang
  • SUPPORTER
Rules apply only for those who are not allowed to break them

italianguy63

A little teaser... got the remainder of the parts in yesterday for the prototype.

I have to throw an enclosure together, and do the final assembly, and test it.  Soon, I hope.

MC

vigilante397

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: italianguy63 on September 12, 2019, 10:05:43 AM
A little teaser... got the remainder of the parts in yesterday for the prototype.

I have to throw an enclosure together, and do the final assembly, and test it.  Soon, I hope.

MC

I don't want to be the parade pooper but....

Might want to search TMs for the title "Double Trouble." I see quite a few TMs issued for it (if you plan to sell commercially that is)
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

italianguy63

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on September 12, 2019, 12:52:41 PM
Quote from: italianguy63 on September 12, 2019, 10:05:43 AM

MC

I don't want to be the parade pooper but....

Might want to search TMs for the title "Double Trouble." I see quite a few TMs issued for it (if you plan to sell commercially that is)

YES!  I saw that after I ordered the prototype boards...

Renamed "Dual Stage Rock-It"

bluebunny

• SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

italianguy63

TRAIN WRECK.

Rookie valve mistake.  I have the valve pinouts mirrored.  And I swear I checked it 3 times.

I have to flip the device, retrace everything, and reorder proto-PCBs.  Big delay.  Sorry!

I'll update again eventually.  I want to get this going, it is a really fun project.

MC

duck_arse

Quote from: italianguy63 on September 14, 2019, 05:19:02 AM
TRAIN WRECK.

Rookie valve mistake.  I have the valve pinouts mirrored.  And I swear I checked it 3 times.

I have to flip the device, retrace everything, and reorder proto-PCBs.  Big delay.  Sorry!

I'll update again eventually.  I want to get this going, it is a really fun project.

MC

triple wreck is already taken, can you call yours "double wreck"?
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

EBK

• SUPPORTER

italianguy63

Any thoughts on the white PCB?  I kind of like it.

Other than it requires you to clean the flux off after assembly or it does not look so nice... But, it makes for a really clean looking build I think.

EBK

Cleaning flux to make a white PCB look good is a pain.  I suppose if I bought some real flux cleaner, it would be easier.  I typically clean with a toothbrush and alcohol (isopropanol for the board and ethanol for me).
  • SUPPORTER

italianguy63

Quote from: EBK on September 15, 2019, 06:57:18 AM
Cleaning flux to make a white PCB look good is a pain.  I suppose if I bought some real flux cleaner, it would be easier.  I typically clean with a toothbrush and alcohol (isopropanol for the board and ethanol for me).

I use lacquer thinner and a toothbrush.. works real well.  You just have to be careful not to scrub the bands off the resistors!