How to add Expression pedal to a Boost pedal?

Started by ES225, August 23, 2019, 01:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ES225

Can anyone help me with this? I have an Seymour Duncan clean Boost pedal with one knob. I would love to be able to control this gain pot with my Expression pedal. Can someone tell me how to wire up the jack to the circuit. I know its a stereo jack and there is room for it. I just don't know the proper way to do it. Maybe its not so difficult and doable. Any experts out there, your help would be much appreciated.

nocentelli

Depends on your expression pedal pot value. Here's the schematic of the SD Pickup booster: I believe it is SMD components inside (tiny)

https://tinyurl.com/y49jumf2

The onboard boost pot is a 25k variable resistor to ground. If your expression pedal is, for example, a Roland EV5, it will have a 10k pot. This would allow you to have it go from half boost to full boost as you roll from heel to toe. If you have a pedal with a pot value of 25k or higher, you could replicate the same full sweep of the onboard pot.

You would need to desolder the wire connections from the board to the original pot (i.e. desolder from the pot), resolder these wires to the primary contacts on your newly purchased switched stereo jack (tip and ring); Now solder a new pair of wires from the onboard pot to the (switched,  connected when unplugged) lugs of the stereo jack tip + ring.

When the plug from your exp. pedal is inserted, it will disconnect the onboard pot and connect the exp. pedal pot instead.
Quote from: kayceesqueeze on the back and never open it up again