where can i get bags of....

Started by pinkjimiphoton, September 03, 2019, 12:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinkjimiphoton

precut stranded wires, about 2" long?  even better if available in several colors.
the  latest batch of  <a commecial pedal> i'm building for MLA have 17 wires a piece, so that's 17 cuts x 34 strips x 34 twists x 34 tins per pedal x 10 builds at a time. its a lot of baloney, really. i mean, i can cut n strip my own wires, but it ends up taking longer than the entire rest of the assembly process!! i can stuff a board and a 125b and have everything else done in way less time.

when i worked for tom at black cat he had bags of the stuff in various lengths, precut, pre stripped, pre tinned so i know it's out there.

google is becoming LESS than useless for searching stuff nowadays.  every link i follow is either "precut" in 100 foot lengths, or a "service" that ends up working out to more than i can realistically afford for a startup kinda situation.

i see pedalparts.com used to carry it, but they're out. can someone advise my tardfounded ass on where the heck i may find this stuff?
tried mouser, digikey, etc... maybe i'm using the wrong key words or search terms?

be nice not to spend 40 mins per pedal just doing wires ;)

thanks peeps
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

smallbearelec

Hi Jimi--

Try a Google search on Cable Assemblers. There are many companies here that do cables and wire harnesses and will do what you want also. That's how I found a source to do these:

http://smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/pre-terminated-3-5-inch-leads/

Pricing will reflect U.S. costs, but my experience with the quality has been very good.

SD