Favorite Sounding Bass Pedal?

Started by Arn C., October 17, 2003, 09:10:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arn C.

Just curious what bass pedals people made that is there favorite (to give me some ideas!

Thanks!
Arn C.

jimmy

for distortion, im positive you cant top a big muff. for other stuff try an envelope filter, their always good, or be a rebel and build an octavia, might be interesting.

cheers
Jim
"Who the f*** are the naked chefs?" - Ozzy Osbourne

tubes or bust

Winged Eel Fingerling

I'd have to agree Big Muff's sound massive with Bass, the dude from "Nebula" uses one real well but my absolute farourite would have to be the good ole Rat or Turbo Rat if you want loads o' volume.
The good thing about Rat's is you still hear your original bass tone under all the filth and are real easy to mod.

The EH Bassballs is great too, sounds evil with the distortion switched in and again easy to mod, you can get some real freaky wah sweeps if you screw with the range presets.
Volume! Clarity! Bass! we must have bass!

Gus

Alot depends on what bass, amp SS or tube, speakers you are using.  

A TS circuit can sound very good at stage vol sometimes

A dist + can sound good

A FF can sound good

A BMP good

As posted above a  bassballs can sound very good I built one with the filters tuneable  very cool

I like the sound in a whammy 2 or 100 with the gain turned all the way up (clipping the circuit and messing up the AD) 1 octave up and 1 down setting.

A  p or J or stingray etc.  Often sound different with different effects.  js seem to be able to be adjusted for more effects IMO.  

Remember there is often a BIG difference between home playing, recording and stage vol.  When i work on petals for stage vol I often adjust them to sound "thin" at lower vol.