News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Printers

Started by AS74, September 12, 2019, 04:34:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AS74

Is there a list ( I think not, would be nice) of printers people have had success with toner transfers on enclosures?  Seems there are a few guys that have really good results and I'm having trouble pinning down what printers they've used.

Probably I've missed stuff in my searches and reading through the etch pictures thread.

Do different models by the same manufacturer use different toner composition?

Hopefully those successful will chime in.

Cheers

italianguy63

I just use a cheap, old HP Laserjet 1020.

I think pretty much toner is toner.

You can go into printer setup advanced settings, and maximize the amount of toner put out on some drivers.  I haven't really found that necessary.

The secret to getting good results is getting the enclosure absolutely (sanded) flat, and clean.  I wipe down my enclosures with acetone a few minutes before I iron on the transfer.

Edit:  Meaning, don't touch it with your fingers after you clean it.. the oils from your hand can keep the toner from sticking I've found.

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

deadastronaut

samsung ML-1660 .  recommended.

had it for around 6 years, same cartridge it came with....still going

however i ONLY use it for toner transfers...(and yes set it to max toner settings.)

when i bought it the cartridges were mega expensive, now they are cheap.... 8)

i have a cheap wifi crappy canon for inkjet daily use...
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

FUZZZZzzzz

I use the cheap printpaper they sell at Action and a secondhand HP laser printer. Dont know if thats a familiar concept for you guys. Costs 2 euros for a pack. The printer was 15 euros with a full cartridge. Still going strong

"If I could make noise with anything, I was going to"

italianguy63

Quote from: FUZZZZzzzz on September 12, 2019, 07:08:18 AM

I use the cheap printpaper they sell at Action and a secondhand HP laser printer. Dont know if thats a familiar concept for you guys. Costs 2 euros for a pack. The printer was 15 euros with a full cartridge. Still going strong

Yeah, that too... the paper is mega important.  I use HP "Premium Presentation Paper"-- I got a ream of it, and will never use it all.  It made a big difference when I found a good paper.

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

AS74

Thanks guys.  Anybody remember or know which printer/s these guys used?

Hexjibber

Pettol

Cinder

Dead Astronaut, thanks for you input.

Kevin Mitchell

Living an exciting life managing a printer dealership seems to have it's perks  :icon_razz:
Oh god save me.

-KM
  • SUPPORTER
This hobby will be the deaf of me