News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Bassman Tweed pedal

Started by KarenColumbo, September 15, 2019, 07:54:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KarenColumbo

A build for a friend. The usual - 2 SRPP (the real ones) jfets with a FMV stack and a jfet output buffer. Always thought about a boost switch, never could get it to work properly. Then pedalpcb started to sell the "Tweed Man" overdrive, a copy of the Catalinbread Formula 5F6 WITH A BOOST SWITCH. So I copied the switch function :) The other values and parts are (almost) as I already had them. Given a year or two more, I'd have copied the 5F6 pedal without knowing it :) But, I must confess, I also took the hint and tried those 4393 jfets - with success.
Fabric is off the leg of my first ever "Business" suit for work.

• SUPPORTER
I see something of myself in everyone / Just at this moment of the world / As snow gathers like bolts of lace / Waltzing on a ballroom girl" - Joni Mitchell - "Hejira"

duck_arse

that pedal is the pants. [I'm fairly sure that is complimentary. I think it might also mean rubbish, but that's not what I was intending. ["that pedal is pants" might be the rubbish one]]
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

KarenColumbo

Quote from: duck_arse on September 15, 2019, 10:45:58 AM
that pedal is the pants. [I'm fairly sure that is complimentary. I think it might also mean rubbish, but that's not what I was intending. ["that pedal is pants" might be the rubbish one]]
If I have the choice, I'll always assume the friendlier version, no worries, mate :) And I do appreciate a bit of wordplay - brightens a dull day like nothing else :)
  • SUPPORTER
I see something of myself in everyone / Just at this moment of the world / As snow gathers like bolts of lace / Waltzing on a ballroom girl" - Joni Mitchell - "Hejira"