Author Topic: DOD FUZZ FX52 - REPAIR- Battery drain, external power supply not working  (Read 136 times)

Queef Richards

Having issue with my FX52.

When using the battery, the LED would come on, very dimly, but light would not turn on or off when hitting the footswitch. No sound from pedal.

I put it on the back burner for awhile, and now no light when using battery or external power supply.

At first i  Suspected the switch but it looks fine to me the yellow wire in the attach photo is from the power supply and it goes directly to what appears to be  And electrolytically capacitor .

can someone confirm this for me because that is the next suspect.

or am i barking up the wrong tree?

I know its not a sought-after pedal, but hey, you can never have too many.

Also, can someone recommend an electronics parts supplier in the USA that sells to hobbyists. Last project I just needed 1 switch, ended up having to buy a bag of 10.

Cheers.

Rob Strand

Re: DOD FUZZ FX52 - REPAIR- Battery drain, external power supply not working
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 03:15:50 AM »
At first i  Suspected the switch but it looks fine to me the yellow wire in the attach photo is from the power supply and it goes directly to what appears to be  And electrolytically capacitor .

can someone confirm this for me because that is the next suspect.
Without thinking about it too much a simple check would be to desolder the switch and then temporarily solder a cheap push button on there to see if it comes back to life.

Those CMOS circuits can sometimes be sensitive to crap or moisture on the PCB.

If you have a multimeter you can check each of the outputs of the CD4007 are sitting in the opposite state to the corresponding input.  If the voltages aren't at 0V or 9V then you may have a problem with leakage.  If the voltages are at 0V and 9V but the outputs are not in the opposite state to the inputs then the CD4007 chip might be stuffed.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 06:15:41 PM by Rob Strand »
The mind often distorts without gain.

johnyprohny

Re: DOD FUZZ FX52 - REPAIR- Battery drain, external power supply not working
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 07:51:13 AM »
there was a similar problem

had to find and buy a new
if you correct the error, write how you did it