Elliott Sound Products Spring Reverb Circuit

Started by sarakisof, October 13, 2019, 12:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarakisof

Hello folks, i am about to build another spring reverb drive and recovery circuit for my spring tank 4AB3C1B, low impedance 8ohms input coil.
I will use the schematic from ESP's site (ElliottSoundProducts), here is the link for those who may not know, it is an excellent source for springs  :)

https://sound-au.com/articles/reverb.htm

So i addapted the schematic on my tank's needs and attached the Basic Drive and Recovery schemos in one. Here it is:

I would like though to make it to can be controlled and add the 3 pots for Drive, Mix (dry/wet) "Reverb" and Volume pot as described in
4 - Input And Mixing Stages from ESP's link.

This is the schem:

How could i attach this to my basic schematic above, can anyone help? I am a bit confused  :-\ 

PRR

• SUPPORTER

sarakisof

PRR is everywhere  :) it makes sense now  ;)
@PRR: i am the same guy with Farfisa organ spring's broken cart and surf bear fender tube emulation that mosfets run too hot 400mA bias(groupdiy). For the second, didnt found time yet to change R1's (IRF510) value to double or triple as you suggested so for less dissipation and still give lots of drive n drippy. will do asap and get back. As for farfisa i m thinking of using this thread's circuit as external reverb unit and experiment. Farfisa amp out (has its own built-in full tube amp) ---> Rod Elliott Sound rvrb ---> interface, dont know if it can work right though.

j_flanders

Quote from: sarakisof on October 13, 2019, 04:46:12 PMAs for farfisa i m thinking of using this thread's circuit as external reverb unit and experiment. Farfisa amp out (has its own built-in full tube amp) ---> Rod Elliott Sound rvrb ---> interface, dont know if it can work right though.
Maybe this is another good option:
https://www.tube-town.net/ttstore/kit-lndverb.html

It can be used as a standalone unit but can also (easily?) be integrated in a tube amp.
The datasheet shows examples of both:
https://www.tube-town.net/info/datenblaetter/kits/lndverb_en.pdf

sarakisof

QuoteMaybe this is another good option:
hmm seems interesting i will maybe go for it. Is there anyone here have used this kit?

1. I have a spare OT one of those small ones from an old tube radio, i think 3/5W  4/8 Ω if remember well. So maybe i can use that as tank's trafo. How can i test if its secondary gets 4 or 8 ohms, just a resistance multimeter test is enough? And if i get 4 ohms does this means i cannot use it for tank's 8ohm input coil? Plus, are there any good cheap alternatives for a B+ 180-300V DC power supply?

2. While talking about powering a rvrb drive circuit, i was thinking of using a Green Mic preAmp  PSU. (wellknown old mic pre project) for powering this thread's ESP rvrb circuit.
Any thoughts on this? I wonder about current limits and so. I have china manufactured 5xPCBs of that PSU so i can use one only for +-15V rails with different trafo than one for the Green Pre.
This is the Green PreAmp PSU:

anotherjim

I used a small OT from an old 1tube amplifier that was meant for a 3ohm speaker in a low power guitar amp. It's fine with an 8ohm speaker.
For low powers, you can use a pair of PT's "back to back", so with 12V secondaries, you get an LT supply for tube heaters from the "input" transformer and an isolated HT output close to the AC supply voltage.
The Moosapotomus plan shows the kind of thing...

sarakisof

Nice idea anotherjim you reminded also one of my first attempts back then when i was about to build the Alembic pre clone, i had studied that schemo back then and had found 2 of those trafos for 4 bucks but for some reason didnt went with this project as i found the Frog (Alembic 1 tube clone SMPS powering) PCB for fair price and did that, stll use it.