Graymark Double Fuzz help

Started by jopyeweed, November 06, 2019, 11:09:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jopyeweed

Hey all, I recently built a graymark double fuzz like the one discussed in this past thread:

https://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=121735.0

the one problem is the fuzz side is too quiet. I was wondering if anyone could describe a fix for this? I went through the thread but it gets pretty hairy. It seems like there is a clean signal mixed much louder i&n with the fuzz. I can hear the clean coming through the fuzz, sort of. If I undetstand it right, simply adding a level control to the output can only cut volume whereas what I think I need is to be able to boost it. PinkJimiPhoton does get into this in the original thread but its difficult to tease out the solution. Tje schematics are in the original thread. It sounds pretty good just needs some more tweaks I think. Anyone want to weigh in? Many Thanks -Shawn

pinkjimiphoton

sorry bro, i never saw this til now...
i will try and up the mods i did when the power supply for my main computer comes in today. remind me if ya still need it and i space this out!
this circuit is kinda cool, but it leaves a LOT to be desired and isn't super conducive to modding.
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

iainpunk

Pink Jimi, haven't seen you posting in a while?! i was a tiny bit worried, and checked when your last log in was, just out of concern. i wanted to make a thread asking where you were in ''lounge OT'', when i checked you last log in, i saw you missed your 10 year anniversary, so congrats on 10 years!!!

the problem OP posted reminds me of a grounding issue i had a lot when i started out, not having the circuit ground connected to the signal ground, only through the volume pot.

cheers, Iain
friendly reminder: all holes are positive and have negative weight, despite not being there.

cheers

pinkjimiphoton

Quote from: iainpunk on February 05, 2021, 04:46:05 PM
Pink Jimi, haven't seen you posting in a while?! i was a tiny bit worried, and checked when your last log in was, just out of concern. i wanted to make a thread asking where you were in ''lounge OT'', when i checked you last log in, i saw you missed your 10 year anniversary, so congrats on 10 years!!!

the problem OP posted reminds me of a grounding issue i had a lot when i started out, not having the circuit ground connected to the signal ground, only through the volume pot.

cheers, Iain

hey bro,
sorry... always working, not much time to have fun these days, tho i am working on a couple new toys for mla. still alive! glad you are, too ;)
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

pinkjimiphoton

Quote from: jopyeweed on November 06, 2019, 11:09:33 AM
Hey all, I recently built a graymark double fuzz like the one discussed in this past thread:

https://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=121735.0

the one problem is the fuzz side is too quiet. I was wondering if anyone could describe a fix for this? I went through the thread but it gets pretty hairy. It seems like there is a clean signal mixed much louder i&n with the fuzz. I can hear the clean coming through the fuzz, sort of. If I undetstand it right, simply adding a level control to the output can only cut volume whereas what I think I need is to be able to boost it. PinkJimiPhoton does get into this in the original thread but its difficult to tease out the solution. Tje schematics are in the original thread. It sounds pretty good just needs some more tweaks I think. Anyone want to weigh in? Many Thanks -Shawn

whatever i got, i'm sending at ya. there may be mistakes, issues, stupidity, who knows, it was a long time ago!!
lol

• SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr