Offboard Wiring Without An External DC Input

Started by cps, November 08, 2019, 03:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cps

Hi,

I'm just finishing up my first pedal build. I'm currently doing the offboard wiring using the MadBean Offboard Wiring Diagram - http://www.madbeanpedals.com/tutorials/downloads/StandardWiring_MBP.pdf

I'm also using one of these 3PDT switch PCBs which hold the LED and current limiting resistor:

http://www.diyguitarpedals.com.au/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=70

How do I wire this up if I don't want to use an external DC input but I do want to have the CLR and LED attached to the switch?

Cheers,

Chris

thetragichero

battery + goes directly to 9v on board and the resistor
omit the dc jack and that jumpers that are now just hanging there
if you're a visual person get that layout in paint (screenshot?) and start erasing and drawing new wires to compete the severed connection
if you post a picture here before you plug in the soldering iron somebody will confirm for ya

antonis

Quick and brute scetch.. :icon_redface:
(verification from a second cup of coffee finished guy is strongly recomended..) :icon_wink:

"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

antonis

Quote from: thetragichero on November 08, 2019, 04:42:51 AM
battery + goes directly to 9v on board and the resistor

I presume it doesn't..
(never dealt with such a 3PDT switch PCB but, as far as I can see from PCB tracing, left leg of R1 is connected with GND when effect is ON..) 
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

cps

Thanks for the help, I'll wire it up as per the diagram above. Fingers crossed!

Cheers,

Chris

antonis

Quote from: cps on November 08, 2019, 05:21:04 AM
I'll wire it up as per the diagram above.
Under your own risk, of course..!! :icon_lol:

Quote from: cps on November 08, 2019, 05:21:04 AM
Fingers crossed!
No need to.. :icon_wink:
(the only point you have to pay attention is GND wiring for Ring & Sleeve on Input jack.. - Battery(-) & PCB GND MUST be physically/electricaly seperated for battery's life saving when pedal is resting..)