Yet another Fuzz Face layout ('69 clone)

Started by Kevin Mitchell, November 12, 2019, 11:32:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin Mitchell

Thought I'd throw this into the pile
Let me know if something doesn't look right. Also I need to verify my pot template though I'm sure it's OK
Schematic
Transfer layout with drill template
My custom enclosure template
BOM - best to use the suggested pots

The trimmer is one that can be adjusted from the underside like this one
The contour and input pots are this type

-KM
  • SUPPORTER
This hobby will be the deaf of me

Mark Hammer

I've had brief spells of "shooting stars" after a particularly vigorous sneeze that looked exactly like that copper side of the layout! :icon_lol:  I suspect my wife has also had Petri-dish bacterial cultures that looked like it as well.  :icon_mrgreen:

Just a bit of gentle ribbing from a guy who has grown accustomed to more "angular" layouts.  Nice work, Kev.

Ben N

Nice. Very vintagey, with all the trippy old-school curves, yet with all the modern conveniences (like a ground plane)! The pots being linear, I bet one could flip them around and squeeze this sideways into a 1590a.
  • SUPPORTER

Kevin Mitchell

Quote from: Ben N on November 13, 2019, 08:43:28 AMAre those two little pots supposed to be component-side trimmers or panel side 9mms? Edit: I see, Fuller has them out front.
Everything is component side except that -9V tap for the LED switch. Also that's why I've added the hole under the trimmer so it can be adjusted while mounted in the enclosure.

I think I'll have to make fill-less layout just for Mr. Hammer  :icon_rolleyes:
I like ground fill because it alleviates a lot of routing headaches and also the boards etch faster when less copper needs to be removed - same applies with a CNC.

Economics, man. Just watch out for those shorts!

-KM
  • SUPPORTER

Kevin Mitchell

Here's one for Mr. Hammer with no fill  8)
No fill '69 layout

Quote from: Ben N on November 13, 2019, 08:43:28 AMThe pots being linear, I bet one could flip them around and squeeze this sideways into a 1590a.
Actually the volume control should be log. I won't lose sleep over it lol
Do as you will  8)

Happy DIYing!
-KM
  • SUPPORTER