The Ultimate Enclosure Layout Thread - post em' up!

Started by Kevin Mitchell, November 18, 2019, 12:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin Mitchell

I figured we could use a thread designated for sharing and verifying enclosure layouts for our projects! I know many folks can't be bothered to draw up graphics for their DIY pedal builds and are comfortable sticking with ye olde sharpie. Well for those who put in the work for etching, silk screening, toner transfers or even just a drill template I encourage sharing them here! Hell, even a nice enough layout will motivate some of us to actually box up our circuits  :icon_rolleyes:

Some ground rules...
If using specific parts to fit your layout please mention so (enclosure type, pot sizes, switch types, etc...)
Make sure we know what it's for! Does it have a name? Is there appropriate documentation for the circuit?
How did/would you apply your graphics? Press n' peel? Silk screen? Etched?
Try to keep the posts relevant. We can discuss measurements, software, media, technique, ect....

Let's see em'!
  • SUPPORTER
This hobby will be the deaf of me

Kevin Mitchell

Here's one I've drawn up this morning. This is for the Neutron circuit (Mu-tron III clone) and uses a 3 position toggle for the mode instead of a rotary switch. I intend to apply the graphics with a silk screen template. I've drawn this up with DIYLC.
Neutron - from Geofex & GGG
125B enclosure
2 16mm pots (24mm might fit too)
2 DPDT toggles
1 DP3T(center on) toggle

PDF file - print at 100%

-KM
  • SUPPORTER

Kevin Mitchell

Here's another one. It's for the full version of the Engineers Thumb. Should be able to hold most layouts of the circuit. Another one I'll use as a silk screen template but will be great as just a drill template.
125B enclosure
5 16mm pots
1 SPDT toggle
PDF file - print to 100%
EDIT: Moved the labels below the controls - PDF shows this, the preview is prior

-KM
  • SUPPORTER

stallik

Kevin, your compressor graphic suffers from the same issue seen on many commercial pedals. Once the knobs are fitted, they obscure the labels unless you view directly from above.

Sorry, bugbear of mine - nice thread anyway. May save me from designing my own ;)
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Kevin Mitchell

Quote from: stallik on November 19, 2019, 10:06:56 AM
Kevin, your compressor graphic suffers from the same issue seen on many commercial pedals. Once the knobs are fitted, they obscure the labels unless you view directly from above.

I had not considered that! See, that's why I think this thread is necessary  :P
I'll fix it up and update the PDF.

Tom, That is very original! And the circuit is incredibly well documented.
Showing everyone up as usual I see  :icon_lol:

-KM
  • SUPPORTER

italianguy63

Quote from: Kevin Mitchell on November 18, 2019, 12:59:25 PM
Here's one I've drawn up this morning. This is for the Neutron circuit (Mu-tron III clone) and uses a 3 position toggle for the mode instead of a rotary switch. I intend to apply the graphics with a silk screen template. I've drawn this up with DIYLC.
Neutron - from Geofex & GGG
125B enclosure
2 16mm pots (24mm might fit too)
2 DPDT toggles
1 DP3T(center on) toggle

PDF file - print at 100%

-KM

Here was my Mutron... in a really big enclosure... sorry don't remember the size.

Made 2 of them.. really, really, fun builds!

MC

I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

tubegeek

I never actually used this one, it's the A Somewhat Different Fuzz by Gus Smalley. I was just messing with the way "ASDF" is right there in a row on a typewriter.

"The first four times, we figured it was an isolated incident." - Angry Pete

"(Chassis is not a magic garbage dump.)" - PRR

Kevin Mitchell

Quote from: tubegeek on November 20, 2019, 10:34:14 AM
I never actually used this one, it's the A Somewhat Different Fuzz by Gus Smalley. I was just messing with the way "ASDF" is right there in a row on a typewriter.

Imagine if the buttons were just like that of a typewriter and each button was a preset - similar to the controls on the Boss DC-2.

Neat graphics nevertheless  8)

-KM
  • SUPPORTER

tubegeek

I think I have a set of radio buttons from an old Grundig console that would work - but there really isn't much to switch on an ASDF. Hmm....
"The first four times, we figured it was an isolated incident." - Angry Pete

"(Chassis is not a magic garbage dump.)" - PRR